Axe ultra Experiment

julindres

ok guys so i love my axe and had just like everybody a love and hate relationship but after a while and millions if tweaking is mostly love. had it for 2 years now, but i decided to do an experiment. Besides the axe i have some amps but i mainly use an ampeg reverberocket and pretty much compressor plexi tone and time factor. so i decided to not play the axe for three months, just real amp and pedals. i gig out every week and practice every day. and after the three months i got to say i love the axe just as much as using an amp as pedals both are great in a different way. but i was surprised that after coming back from the amp to the axe it somehow helped me like crazy to dial my tones even better than before...so if you feel like maybe you think you are not getting the tones or feel a little axe overwelm you might try this and it will help you....oh and now i use the axe one week and the amp and pedals the other wee!!! axe rocks! so amazing

That's a cool experiment. I'm just a basement player but I like to keep 3 rigs going for same reason (Axe + Real Cabs, Axe + FRFR, Tube Amp with Axe in loop and pedals in front for drive, Wah, Comp).

After owning the axefx for a while, I have gone back to some of my pedals and modded them to hell, trying to get the same level of flexibility!... haha no chance

Back
Top Bottom