Axe Ultra Balanced outs no sound.

Happy New year,,

Hi I'm new to Fractal and bought a used Ultra to get started. Need to use it for live use.
However I cannot get any sounds from my balanced out outputs. The guy showed me they work because he had it connected to his Roland USB interface, from balanced line outs, and was working fine. Tried it through a small mixer and PA.. But nothing... I wondered if there was a setting that needs adjusting ?

I will be using it through FOH PA direct with IEMs. So at moment have it working at home into 2 seperate combos to get some stereo sounds (which are wonderful), and to learn to programme, so any suggestions about the Balanced line out problem?

Don't forget I'm new to this, been playing for 40 years but analog only, so go easy on the technical language.

Thanks is advance.

Tony

First: have you been over the manual? It's one of the best in the business. Well written, well explained and not too hard to read. Highly recommend it.

In order to get sound out of the balanced outputs you need to connect a signal chain all the way across the grid. The signal flows from the left side of the grid to the right side of the grid. The simplest preset is going to look something like this:

Screen%20Shot%202014-12-31%20at%201.36.07%20PM.png

An AMP and CAB block, hooked up with shunts from the left side to the right side.

First: have you been over the manual? It's one of the best in the business. Well written, well explained and not too hard to read. Highly recommend it.

In order to get sound out of the balanced outputs you need to connect a signal chain all the way across the grid. The signal flows from the left side of the grid to the right side of the grid. The simplest preset is going to look something like this:

Screen%20Shot%202014-12-31%20at%201.36.07%20PM.png

An AMP and CAB block, hooked up with shunts from the left side to the right side.

Thanks Ian, yes got the manual and reading it. It's just sometimes it's nice to get some short cut tips from forums

Back
Top Bottom