Axe small round midi power jack

m lebofsky

Experienced
I'm trying to ditch my Rocktron All Accesss 5 to 7 pin cable and use just a 7 to 7 pin midi cable.
For this switch to work I obviously have to use the Axe's small round midi power jack, but I can't seem to find a all wart that has the size needed for the Axe.
Anyone ?

I have the same problem, even got one of the extension cables that has multiple plugs for my wireless, etc...not the same size as the Axe. I ended up with a Radio Shack 9V multi-plug adapter that comes with different sized tips. One of them works, unfortunately that size doesn't work with anything else I own including the LF Jr.

benjam said:
I have the same problem, even got one of the extension cables that has multiple plugs for my wireless, etc...not the same size as the Axe. I ended up with a Radio Shack 9V multi-plug adapter that comes with different sized tips. One of them works, unfortunately that size doesn't work with anything else I own including the LF Jr.

The wall wart that came with my Liquid Foot Jr works fine in the Axe-Fx jack.

What you need is a "wall-wart" power supply with a 2.5 mm barrel jack. This is the standard size for AC adaptors (DC adaptors are usually 2.1 mm). Of course, you need a power supply that provides the correct voltage *and* type (AC or DC) for your midi floor controller. But the point is, you need a 2.5 mm barrel type.

Dpoirier said:
What you need is a "wall-wart" power supply with a 2.5 mm barrel jack. This is the standard size for AC adaptors (DC adaptors are usually 2.1 mm). Of course, you need a power supply that provides the correct voltage *and* type (AC or DC) for your midi floor controller. But the point is, you need a 2.5 mm barrel type.

Strange. My Rocktron All Access manual says 2.5mm power DC pin power jack, but the Rocktron wall wart that fits it is loose in the Axe's jack ....

Strange indeed... mine isn't loose at all... but I did have to buy a special adaptor for the Axe-FX (the one that came with my floor controller wasn't even a barrel type).

Daniel

I confirmed it with another "2.5mm" barallel plug. It works, but its very loose (i.e., you can shake the axe and it will fall out).

I could buy some 1/4" conductive tape and put 1 layer around the plug, but they sell it in large rolls and I would only need 1" of it.
Any ideas ? or does anyone have an extra inch or two of conductive tape ?

m lebofsky said:
I confirmed it with another "2.5mm" barallel plug. It works, but its very loose (i.e., you can shake the axe and it will fall out).

I could buy some 1/4" conductive tape and put 1 layer around the plug, but they sell it in large rolls and I would only need 1" of it.
Any ideas ? or does anyone have an extra inch or two of conductive tape ?

Stop by, I have some.

Back
Top Bottom