Axe sending random midi notes?

Project Mayhem

Experienced
No doubt I'm overlooking something obvious but here is my issue:

Axe3 (1.15) connected to iMac (current OS)
iPad connected to iMac to create aggregate device (Axe and iPad 10x8)

In Logic Pro X (current) when I add my midi keyboard (air61) to a project and start playing I start to get random notes played while I'm playing. If I turn the axe off everything is as expected.

What have I missed?

Thanks in advance

It’s a big problem brought up here before that I have not found a solution to other than never using AxeEdit III and Logic at the same time. I believe
That the FAS powers that be are aware of this , and hopefully @Admin M@ has been in touch with Apple to help sort these issues out ..

It’s a big problem brought up here before that I have not found a solution to other than never using AxeEdit III and Logic at the same time. I believe
That the FAS powers that be are aware of this , and hopefully @Admin M@ has been in touch with Apple to help sort these issues out ..

Thanks Brad, but this seems slightly different in that axe edit doesn't seem to be the issue for me. I can leave axe edit open and everything is fine as long as the axe itself is off...but when I turn the axe back on I get random notes when I play the keyboard.

Surely there are a number of users who have the axe connected to a DAW that also has midi controllers connected, which is why I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

try it the other way, with axe edit closed and Ax III on and see what happens.........
Thanks Brad, but this seems slightly different in that axe edit doesn't seem to be the issue for me. I can leave axe edit open and everything is fine as long as the axe itself is off...but when I turn the axe back on I get random notes when I play the keyboard.

Surely there are a number of users who have the axe connected to a DAW that also has midi controllers connected, which is why I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

no prob, but its a workaround that doesn't address the underlying issues, of course...
the next few weeks will be quite a stressful ride for those of us with a stake in watching the pennant race...hope your prediction comes to pass...I live close to Wrigley and know all the cool joints.
Well that was simple.

Thanks Brad, Ill be in town for the World Series, drinks on me even though your a fan of the other team.

Agreed. I was aware there was an issue with logic earlier and that a startup sequence was required, I didn't know that it caused issues with other midi instruments until now. As you said, Hopefully m@ can sort it out, but for now no axe edit.

It will happen. I lived in the west loop before having to relocate to Texas (thanks a lot bin laden) and knew most of the cool places, but when I was up there for the last series I couldn't get over how much wrigleyville had/was changing. So I'm sure my Cool places list needs updating.

Agreed. I was aware there was an issue with logic earlier and that a startup sequence was required, I didn't know that it caused issues with other midi instruments until now. As you said, Hopefully m@ can sort it out, but for now no axe edit.

It will happen. I lived in the west loop before having to relocate to Texas (thanks a lot bin laden) and knew most of the cool places, but when I was up there for the last series I couldn't get over how much wrigleyville had/was changing. So I'm sure my Cool places list needs updating.
sadly many of the best divey joints are gone to be sure...but I sorta really like the upgrades the Ricketts put in Wrigley itself and the immediate surroundings since the last Series ..bringing some very nice modern tech and interactivity there while maintaining the classic vibe.

I've been messing with this a bit more and got the workaround to function.
In Logic - go to the Main menu, Control Surface Setup and UNCHECK New - Automatic Installation
I believe this polls USB devices continuously to locate external controllers and control surface. Once disabled, Axe Edit worked well. On re-enabling, AE again stops working.
If someone could corroborate this it would be very helpful.
Thanks

I can corroborate this -- it works for me. I armed a one track session, hit the record button, and ran axe edit, making changes to a preset, and saving it to the unit.

It works as it should.

That workaround does not affect this particular behavior, sadly. The issue isn’t Axe edit not functioning. it is how it borks many
Midi functions in Logic.

My apologies. This helped me again today. I reformatted my machine and did a clean install of Logic, and immediately had conflicts with Axe Edit.....then I remembered this solution from many months ago.

Back
Top Bottom