Axe + Power amp + cabs + laptop + FRFR...

Deadpool_25

Fractal Fanatic
Gear List:
Axe FX 2 XL+
Matrix GT1000FX
Matrix NL12 cabs (2)
Yamaha HS7 powered FRFR speakers (2)
MacBook Air

What I want to do is play:
- Guitar in stereo through the NL12s
- Backing tracks/music in stereo through the HS7s

It seems like I should be able to run the Backing tracks from the Axe's USB in to output 1 (connected to HS7s) with just a shunt from input to output. Then a separate path that contains the amp and effects and has an FX Loop block at the end (no shunt from FX Loop to output, right?). The FX Loop will send the guitar signal to output 2 of the Axe to the Matrix/NL12s. That sound correct?

Also I'm still in the manual, but how do I tell the Axe to send only the USB input to output 1, and only the guitar input to the FX loop/output 2?

Unless you echo(in the I/O menu) output1 to output2 I do not think there will be any usb audio in output 2. for guitar to only come through output 2 I think you may have to use input 2 for your guitar with the effects loop, but I have never tried this and I am not sure if this is correct.

Gear List:
Axe FX 2 XL+
Matrix GT1000FX
Matrix NL12 cabs (2)
Yamaha HS7 powered FRFR speakers (2)
MacBook Air

What I want to do is play:
- Guitar in stereo through the NL12s
- Backing tracks/music in stereo through the HS7s

It seems like I should be able to run the Backing tracks from the Axe's USB in to output 1 (connected to HS7s) with just a shunt from input to output. Then a separate path that contains the amp and effects and has an FX Loop block at the end (no shunt from FX Loop to output, right?). The FX Loop will send the guitar signal to output 2 of the Axe to the Matrix/NL12s. That sound correct?

Also I'm still in the manual, but how do I tell the Axe to send only the USB input to output 1, and only the guitar input to the FX loop/output 2?

No need to shunt the In to the Out, as the grid is for guitar signal (not your backing tracks). Just select the Axe as the soundcard on your Mac and it will automatically route that to Output 1 L/R.

For your guitar, the FX Loop block at the end of a chain is effectively telling the Axe to send that chain to Output 2. Don't let any chain hit the Main Output mixer if you don't want to hear guitar on the HS7s.

Unless you echo(in the I/O menu) output1 to output2 I do not think there will be any usb audio in output 2. for guitar to only come through output 2 I think you may have to use input 2 for your guitar with the effects loop, but I have never tried this and I am not sure if this is correct.

Input 2 is the FX Return, so it is what comes "out" of the FX Loop block on the grid. You can't use it as the input when you are using the FX Send / Output 2 as your output.

Back
Top Bottom