Axe-PC interface wish list

Some wishes for the Axe-PC interface:

(1) Direct connection to the MFC. That removes the need for a separate PC MIDI interface.

(2) A stereo audio output. That removes the need for a separate PC Audio interface.

(3) A headphone output. Could be combined with the stereo audio output.

In the absence of the above three, I'd rather use an audio interface with a high-impedance direct in. But I know Cliff wanted a "known good" guitar input as well as a hardware dongle. So while we're at it, let's make sure that the Axe-PC interface is the *only* piece of additional hardware needed for a basic Axe-PC setup.

Thanks!

In the interest of those of us who already have or use interfaces-

- Please, make it small, we already have so many peripherals plugged in (audio and midi interfaces, hard/flash drives, wireless keyboard/mouse, ilok, and various dongles)
- Please, no special sauce, then using our current interfaces would yield less than perfect results

Hmm I just thought of something: Those of us using ASIO drivers in Windows, and DAW software like Cakewalk Sonar, how do we get around the "only one asio device at a time" limitation? That is, how would we track guitars while hearing other tracks, if we would have to use both the Axe-PC and our typical soundcard/audio interface of choice for everything else?
Maybe I'm missing something obvious.

More questions about the axe-pc plugin side of things ... Does it expose parameter values to the underlying DAW application?
Is the plugin interface bitmapped? (hopes not)

Back
Top Bottom