AXE-PC - Any update???

tumbleweed.jpg

;) :D

Seriously, though. There are some BADASS PC processors on the market right now, and even the cheapest dual-core laptops (not to mention the current Core i3, i5, i7 stuff) exceed the processing power available in Axe FX. $200 buys you a six-core 2.8GHz AMD processor these days (and frequency jumps higher still if you're not using all cores).

Just goes to show how retarded everyone else is in this space. Several years have passed, the hardware is now _definitely_ there, and yet there's NO software competition to Axe-FX, and none is even announced. Everyone just keeps releasing the same old crap with a few tweaks.

Another point I want to make here is how lucky we are to have a pro of Cliff's caliber to work on amp modeling. Normally, this would be done by a 9-5er who is only concerned with pleasing the marketing department and doesn't play himself.

I think that maybe.... (maybe!!) There is a lot of stuff happening right now. Petrucci and Vai are big names. And i read somewhere that there´s a new update on it´s way. Yes, i´m waiting for both MFC-101 and Axe-Pc(mac), but my main tool is my Ultra. So if things is on the go, but takes some more months, so be it. I know that the MFC has been promised long ago, but there´s only maximum 8760 hours to work each year... And Cliff is a guitarist to, so let the man play his axe on the Axe for fun sometimes ;)

plexi59 said:
Seriously, though. There are some BADASS PC processors on the market right now, and even the cheapest dual-core laptops (not to mention the current Core i3, i5, i7 stuff) exceed the processing power available in Axe FX. $200 buys you a six-core 2.8GHz AMD processor these days (and frequency jumps higher still if you're not using all cores).

Just goes to show how retarded everyone else is in this space. Several years have passed, the hardware is now _definitely_ there, and yet there's NO software competition to Axe-FX, and none is even announced. Everyone just keeps releasing the same old crap with a few tweaks.

Another point I want to make here is how lucky we are to have a pro of Cliff's caliber to work on amp modeling. Normally, this would be done by a 9-5er who is only concerned with pleasing the marketing department and doesn't play himself.

It's the living proof that it's not about hardware, not about software. It's all about clever ideas, knowledge and determination.
The AxeFx itself is no more than a metal case full of chips and cables, the real value resides in the abstract part, the ideas, the algorithms...

Talking about Cliff, yes, I always tell everybody this guy is a genius. Not in the sense of a kind of Nobel in Physics, I don't know him and I don't know what's his IC or his c.v., but let's realize that this sum of hardware and software knowledge, know-how, guitar loving, nice pair of ears, deep knowledge of sound, amps and effects, and the nuts to risk his money and time to build a successful project, all in one person, is what makes him actually one in a kind, a real genius.

For the upcomming generations, it would be "the norm" to plug the guitar into a computer to make it sound amazing. We are the only that saw "live" the end of the tubes and the begining of a new era.

Lucky ? We should find a better word

Back
Top Bottom