Axe-O-Matic DSP pulled from OH site?

It's there.

The full version appears to be gone, only the free version without the ability to mix IR's is there. Unless I'm missing it too. The full version is still working fine for me, though I think Kevin had stated it would be pulled from the store at some point. With Lynn's passing last year AOM is unable to be updated further and there is no one to offer support, so perhaps it reached it a point where Kevin decided it was time to remove it?

Pulled temporarily. Going from commercial to free/donation-ware. It will come back online when I have the time to make the appropriate changes some time in the next few days.

Pulled temporarily. Going from commercial to free/donation-ware. It will come back online when I have the time to make the appropriate changes some time in the next few days.

This sounds promising. I could only try the demo yet but sadly it didn't work on my PC due to my language/keyboard settings being Hungarian. Is it possible that this will change some time?

Thanks for the kind words.

This week I'm going to try to clean up the website, for the last 9 months or so it's been completely neglected due to how much R&D work has gone into the V2 overhaul, hopefully I'll be able to have some more functional and accessible information on there by the time I'm done with it. I'm not sure when, but I'm also going to work on rebuilding the basic menu structure so as to be more mobile/touchpad friendly. I think a lot of things get glossed over because a lot of navigation relies on hover menus.

In any case, I got slammed today with email, so hopefully I'll have time to work on getting the LMO apps up some time tomorrow.

Thanks for the kind words.

This week I'm going to try to clean up the website, for the last 9 months or so it's been completely neglected due to how much R&D work has gone into the V2 overhaul, hopefully I'll be able to have some more functional and accessible information on there by the time I'm done with it. I'm not sure when, but I'm also going to work on rebuilding the basic menu structure so as to be more mobile/touchpad friendly. I think a lot of things get glossed over because a lot of navigation relies on hover menus.

In any case, I got slammed today with email, so hopefully I'll have time to work on getting the LMO apps up some time tomorrow.

Thank you for all the hard work you are putting into this!

As always, you're very welcome, I'm happy to oblige. :)

Here are the locations of the LMO apps:

aomDSP:
OwnHammer.com - aomDSP

Axe-O-Matic:
OwnHammer.com - Axe-O-Matic

Dumpster:
OwnHammer.com - Dumpster

As previously mentioned I cannot support these, so they are "as is" and everything that goes along with that. If you appreciate the insane amount of time and effort Lynn put into these, please consider donating to his survived family, there are donate buttons under the download links on each page.

Thanks guys.

This is a guess, but......

I think the "Audition" feature no longer works because the new cabs moved the user 1 slot to another area.

The workaround I have found is to just choose "download to a user slot" instead of "Audition".

However, in another development you can only use the original 50 user slots. It does not recognize slots 51-100.

So, I'm just leaving user slot 1 open for "auditions" like it was used in previous firmwares. You can still save your IR mix and then move it to the new locations with Axemanage if you have already used the first 50 up.

I can not get AXE-O-MATIC DSP working with V10 any suggestions

Depending on what isn't working, you may want to make sure you're not running Axe-Edit at the same time. I'm not sure if this is even an issue, but I know that on my primary audio workstation (Win 7 x64) aomDSP won't start if my DAW or any other utility that may be mounting the audio hardware is active. Perhaps something similar may be at play here with the fight over the Axe-Fx as an audio device.

I don't have any FAS gear yet, so I have no way of testing this, but, just a thought...

yessssssssss
that did the trick.. aom is back!

too bad it crashes if i open reaper, but i can live with that

These links are no longer working, I'm hoping to get a copy of Axe-O-Matic as I need to mix and output a cab I need. Is there a new location where I can get a copy?

Thank you

I have both Windows and Mac installers and can put them up for downloading ..... but I don't want to offend anyone by doing so. I know Kevin was sending all funds to Lynn's widow back when the software was still current and commercial

I actually had a very very (and I really mean very) minor role in helping Lynn develop them as he had an Ultra and did not have an Axe-FX 2 at the time so he asked me to supply various MIDI capture dumps so he could reverse engineer data out for the AF2 option parameters.

I expect Kevin does not really want to keep making them available from his site as they are getting on in age and likely have some issues with newer operating systems and he can't offer support on them - or spend time telling people that he can't support them.

I managed to get the Windows version to install and open in W10 by opening it in Windows 7 compatibility mode -

I attach a link to a test wav file - it's an aomDSP converted to wav UR Free Sample syx cab file borrowed from a recent FAS FW update archive .... test it by converting it to syx again in Cab-Lab and comparing to the original (as found in 'Ultrares Samples' folder in your last FW update download)if you want to inspect.

1x8 EC Champlifier I5.zip

(I zipped it to help force downloading as a .wav might try to open/play in your browser)

Have not tried the Mac installer.

If Kevin @ownhammer would chime in and give his thoughts and if still relevant, where to send any donations etc I'll make the installers file temporarily available.

I was asked to remove the applications from the site by a third party whom was having issues as a result of their availability, and I obliged as a professional courtesy. As far as redistribution, the licensing/usage agreement that I drafted with Lynn by his approval was as follows, if anyone is concerned/interested:

1. Grant of License

YOU are granted - provided that YOU comply with all terms and conditions of this Terms and Conditions of Use - a personal, non-exclusive license, with no right to grant sub-licenses, to install and use any copy of aomDSP on as many machines as you see fit. Modifying, translating, renting, transferring, or assigning all or part of aomDSP, or any rights granted hereunder, to any other persons and removing any proprietary notices, labels or marks from aomDSP is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, YOU hereby agree not to create derivative works based on aomDSP in whole or in part.

2. Disclaimer of Support

aomDSP is not created nor directly supported by OwnHammer.com.

Any derivative files generated with aomDSP are not supported by OwnHammer.com, nor is the developer of the application under any direct or implied obligation to support said files or the application itself.

3. Disclaimer of Warranties

aomDSP is provided "AS-IS", "AS AVAILABLE", with "ALL FAULTS", and all warranties, express or implied, are disclaimed (including but not limited to the disclaimer of any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of third-party rights). WE do not warrant or assume responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within aomDSP. WE do not warrant that the functions contained in aomDSP will meet your requirements or that the operation of aomDSP will be uninterrupted or error-free. We are not obligated to provide any updates to aomDSP. We further expressly disclaim any warranty or representation to YOU or to any third party.

4. Reverse Engineering

YOU agree that YOU will not attempt, and if YOU are a corporation will prevent your employees and contractors from attempting, to reverse compile, modify, alter, translate, or disassemble aomDSP in whole or in part.

5. Restrictions on Use

YOU may not re-sell, loan, rent, lease, lend, provide via hosting services or peer to peer protocol, or otherwise redistribute the SOFTWARE in part or in whole. You may not transfer the files over any network or channel them to a third party storage location (including but not limited to email mailboxes and online file storage service hosts) in whole or in part.

6. No Liability for Consequential Damages

In no event shall WE be responsible or liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, incidental, direct, indirect special and consequential damages, damages for the loss of profits or revenues, business interruption, loss of business information, damages or costs as a result of loss of time, or other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use or inability to use aomDSP, even if WE have been advised of the possibility of such damages.

7. Indemnification By YOU

If YOU distribute aomDSP in violation of this Agreement, YOU agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend US from and against any claims or lawsuits, including attorney's fees that arise or result from the use or distribution of aomDSP in violation of this Agreement.

8. Termination

This Agreement is effective until terminated. All rights given to YOU under this Agreement will terminate automatically without notice from US if YOU fail to comply with any terms of this Agreement. Upon the termination of this Agreement, YOU shall cease all use of aomDSP and destroy all copies, full or partial. YOU may terminate this Agreement by giving written notice to US and destroy all copies of aomDSP, full or partial.

The applications were re-hosted against this agreement on a third party site, which also seems to have removed it, likely at the behest of a similar request that was made of myself. This application was written by Lynn and published under his company, I merely hosted it for him and provisioned sale front end for him when it was available commercially. I will no longer distribute it directly through any link provided on the OwnHammer website, though if anyone who has obtained it by whatever means they found available has any wishes to donate, I can provide the PayPal address of Lynn's widow via direct communication through the OH contact portal (I'd simply rather not post it for spam spiders to parse).

Back
Top Bottom