Axe mode bug?

toasterdude

Experienced
FRom testing a few things using the MFC to control an Axe II, POD HD Pro and Adrenalinn III, it appears that section 4.3 of the manual that states each preset can send 16 different PC commands on 16 different channels does not work if in AxeFX mode?

Does Axe Mode mean it ONLY works with the Axe? Seems like a hefty trade off to get patch names and tuner etc.

Axe FX mode works for me with additional program change messages, albeit I am only sending one extra program change (on channel 2) to my Mini Amp Gizmo, and it appears you are trying to send two extra. I would think this wouldn't matter, though. Are you sure you have the POD HD Pro and Adrenalinn III on their own Midi channels, corresponding to the channels you are sending program changes on? Are you sure the Axe midi thru port is active?

Axe FX mode works for me with additional program change messages, albeit I am only sending one extra program change (on channel 2) to my Mini Amp Gizmo, and it appears you are trying to send two extra. I would think this wouldn't matter, though. Are you sure you have the POD HD Pro and Adrenalinn III on their own Midi channels, corresponding to the channels you are sending program changes on? Are you sure the Axe midi thru port is active?

Weird. Yes I am sure. POD on chan 2 and Adrenalinn on chan 3. Non Axe mode works, simply changing to Axe mode and changing nothing else, no worky.
I will try resetting the FW on the MFC I guess. Thanks for letting me know it appears to be an issue just with my MFC and not with all of them.

BTW I am using midi cable and not CAT 5 as the CAT 5 on my AXE II is defective. . . ..

Weird. Yes I am sure. POD on chan 2 and Adrenalinn on chan 3. Non Axe mode works, simply changing to Axe mode and changing nothing else, no worky.
I will try resetting the FW on the MFC I guess. Thanks for letting me know it appears to be an issue just with my MFC and not with all of them.

BTW I am using midi cable and not CAT 5 as the CAT 5 on my AXE II is defective. . . ..

Just wanted to double back and close the loop on this. Once I updated the FW on the MFC all works fine in Axe mode so far. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom