Axe-Manage has gone haywire

Gilesy

Inspired
I am trying to tidy up my presets to make a clear block of space for some presets I have bought.

Axe Manage is not working - I move items and then having saved the changes, they have either:
1) not moved
2) have duplicated into other slots

Does anyone know what the issue might be?

I am doing the changes in small blocks and checking but even then it is not working reliably. I a being very careful about not interrupting it while it is saving. I have an original Axe FX 2, i have never changed the internal battery.

please help me!! thanks in advance, Gilesy

Let's start with a review of the details of your computer, operating system, and firmware version.

You don't have FractalBot open at the same time, do you? I seem to recall odd issues related to that.

Thanks both for replies much appreciated.

Here's some more info:
1) 2017 iMac running Catalina 10.15.7 (have held off Big Sur given I'd read here about some potential compatibility issues with Axe-Edit - am I right to do so?)
2) Axe-Edit 3.14.5 (checked whether there are any updates via the Help tab)
3) Firmware Ares 2.0
4) Fractalbot 3.0.6 (that is what is says at the bottom of it) was open at the time

It seems to cope if you make one or two changes then save, but if you try a few more it is very hit and miss...for example, presets you've deleted still remain, or on a couple of occasion multiple copies of the same preset appeared, overwriting other presets!

Another strange behaviour is that, having saved in Preset Manager, then going into the Preset list, I saw fewer changes than I had just made. When I closed Axe Edit and reopened, the preset list displayed in Axe-Edit was updated.

Fortunately I had taken a back-up of bank C before I started so was able to restore. by persevering with one change at a time i managed to to do the tidying up, but doing it this was took 2 hours, when it ideally would have taken 15 minutes.

Interested to know if I can do anything different to help it be more reliable.

Thanks again
Gilesy

Unix Guy - as suggested, I quit Fractal Bot. I have just gone through 20 presets renaming them in the Axe Edit preset name box at the top (i.e. not Preset Manager), clicked SAVE after each change.

Only 7 of the changes stuck!!

Admin M@ - any further thoughts given the above info?

PS I am connected to the Axe Fx via USB directly into the back of the unit

ok - I think the issue on Axe Edit renaming is caused by wotrk flow (or user error if you prefer!!): you need to edit the title, press Enter to log the edit, then press Save (you cannot omit the middle step or it doesn't save it)

I'm going to try the Preset Manager now with Fractal Bot closed to see if this behaves itself. will let you know

No, Axe Edit Preset Manager still does not work, even with Fractal Bot closed.

Any Axe FX2 / Axe Edit gurus who can help, please?

Folks - Am I really the only forum member to experience these problems with Preset Manager?

Please share any guidance because it’s just not usable, and I really want the ability to move presets around!

All experienes and solutions gratefully received.

cheers Gilesy

Hi Gilesy,

What about trying to write the same presets to the same locations using Fractal-Bot instead of Axe-Edit?

thanks Matt

Does that allow me to select a specific slot to load a single preset into? Presume this is what you mean....I‘ll give it a go, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom