• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe Manage Cabs import (IR resolution 44.1Khz vs 96Khz)

shatteredsquare

Forum Addict
in case anyone was wondering... if you're importing IRs with Axe Manage cabs, it does make a hoooooge difference if you use the 44.1Khz 16 bit [vs] 96Khz 24 bit, whatever the pixie bots are doing to convert them to FAS format are most certainly putting the extra resolution to use, it's night and day how good 96Khz sounds vs the same 44.1Khz. Make sure to set the settings in Axe Edit preferences to 'none' processing to get exactly the same clarity Mr. Redwirez heard when they hit capture.

yek

FAS IR format = 48kHz, 24-bit. So never select 16-bit 44kHz versions.

I don't notice any difference between 48kHz vs 96kHz (24-bit).

shatteredsquare

Forum Addict
Are you using Cab Lab to import the comparison, or Axe-Edit? When I got drastic difference between the same IR of different sample rates, it was using Axe Manage Cabs, 'no processing' preference.

I'll try again to make sure I used the same IR, but I double checked when I got the differing results, to make sure I wasn't crazy. The same cab/mic/speaker/position, just using one IR out of the 48k24bit folder, and one IR out of the 96k24bit folder.

Now that I think of it though I don't think it was OH, I think it was a Redwirez IR, the Recto 4x12 out of the big box. One 48k and the same 96k.

Top Bottom