AXE lll same problems?

boz52

Experienced
Question for those with both AXE lll and FM3.
Does the AXE lll have bugs after every update??
Seems like on the FM3, whenever there’s an update, it’s fixes one problem but but another arises and then it’s fixed but another comes up.
thanks

@boz52 I don’t think it’s like you described... and I’m here from along time... it’s your opinion and I respect it but I don’t agree.

Question for those with both AXE lll and FM3.
Does the AXE lll have bugs after every update??
Seems like on the FM3, whenever there’s an update, it’s fixes one problem but but another arises and then it’s fixed but another comes up.
thanks

There are thousands of these in circulation, and only a handful finding bugs. These bugs aren't experienced on every unit because it's dependent on each user's unique combination of settings. So I might get a bug and you never will.

I wouldn't be concerned about bugs, and if you are, just wait a few weeks to update until the newest firmware bugs are fixed. Or just find a stable firmware and stop updating altogether..... often times the updates are so minor that no one would be able to tell unless they were told to listen for the changes.

All software has bugs.
This might be partially true... but not all... simple Hello World program could be bug free, as could a program that does a simple task.
Where this is mostly true, Consider Python where you import many other libraries or C+ where you include other libraries/chunks of code written by others with a yet to be anticipated bug when you use it in that 1 special way that wasn't anticipated...
With a program such as the Axe3 or FM3 I would imagine there is a whole team coding on this chunk or that chunk. Perhaps if the whole thing was written by 1 person, but I imagine the Library for talking to the DSP is something "included"???

Also remember Public Beta releases means a higher chance of bugs, much more so than a few that might have slipped through into full releases. So if you load a beta then perhaps it's best to 'expect' bugs but at the same time you're helping out by finding and reporting them.

Sticking with the last stable release if you're using the FM3 for mission critical stuff is the safest approach but if the beta is working for you then it's your choice.

Will fixing the bugs found during the Axe III Cygnus beta releases help the FM3 version go smoother or is it apples and oranges?

Back
Top Bottom