Axe keeps freezing?

I've not experienced the "freeze" issue at all with my Axe II. (Knock on wood)
I always leave the USB plugged in and I've yet to see this happen even once.

That said, my friend's unit is setup identical to mine and his has frozen up occassionally, then is fine after a reboot.
Perhaps a timing issue? Seems from the amount of users experiencing this, it affects some units more then others.

I've had the same issue - the Axe locking up a few seconds after starting up. I actually have two Axe Fx II's and strangely this only occurs with one of them. They are both running 3.02. This seems to suggest the problem lies with the Axe unit, right? Everything is fine if I disconnect the USB cable. I emailed support a few days ago but haven't heard back yet. If there is a fix please post so we can all benefit.

Freezes on my Axe-Fx II were caused by a couple of corrupt freezes.
I cleared them using AE, then created/copied new ones. Solved.

have the same issue here, and this occured after 3.02 upgrade,
everytime I connect the II to mac via usb and open axe edit, the freezing always there, and I have to restart the axe ii
hope this bug will be fixed soon:(

yek said:
Freezes on my Axe-Fx II were caused by a couple of corrupt freezes.
I cleared them using AE, then created/copied new ones. Solved.

How did you clear using Axe Edit? The problem for me is the freezing happens so quickly I don't have a chance to launch Axe Edit. It freezes within 15 seconds of starting up.

I think he meant to say corrupt patches. That's not what this issue it. This is something related to USB and happens with only factory patches installed.

This exactly !
I thought everything was resolved with 3.0 with my lockups but 3.02 brought them back.

I have the same issue as well. I had this problem with one of the 2.0 versions. 3.0 seemed fine but 3.02 seemed to bring it back.

If there is a software fix for it then fractal will at least have a unit that recreates the issue on Monday when mine gets there. Hopefully that will help them identify the issue and resolve it.

Hey Guys, Fractal has my unit now and they are having trouble recreating the issue. Its weird because I could recreate it easily on two entirely different computers (Macbook Pro and Windows 7 PC). Any ideas on what the variable might be that causes this?

I have tried two different computers.
Several different USB cables.
Two different updates and installed of the firmware from two different computers.

Feel free to cite me as someone that is having the same issue. I emailed support on this as well and just re-emailed them so they should be aware of this. I am convinced this is a problem with the Axe itself and not the computer, or the USB cable. I say this because I have 2 Axe units. I have hooked them up to the same computer (with the same USB cable). One of them works and the other doesn't. The only variable that is different is the Axe unit.

For what it's worth, I had major problems after I installed the updated USB driver (1.5 I think). Axe Edit was extremely mis behaved. Sometimes it wouldn't start up or just hang once started. I went back to v 1.29 of the driver, reinstalled AE numerous times, but to no avail. I am running v 3 of the FW.

There were occasions prior to my driver and v3 FW upgrade where I would lose my USB connection and get "no device found", but it was intermittent and a nuisance, but I could deal with it. However, the problems after the upgrade caused me to make the move off XP and up to Win 7. I don't know if this will help, and from reading some of the posts, it may not, but I had to try something! I did a complete re install on a new hard drive since I wanted to upgrade that as well.

To be clear, I haven't experienced any "freeze up" of the Axe. My problems have been with losing the USB device connection and AE not functioning. I don't know if this is related to the issues being discussed in thiis thread, but they seemed somewhat similar so I figured I'd weigh in.

Yeah I've been having similar issues.
After like 20 minutes the Axe cuts off and makes a really high pitched whining sound (i'll try and record it if I can) which forces me to reboot it. Problem keeps repeating.

I'll make love to you
Like you want me to
And I'll hold you tight
Baby all through the night
I'll make love to you
When you want me to
And I will not let go
Till you tell me to

Fixed in upcoming firmware.

Great news, but what issue specifically? There are several things mentioned on this thread about Axe freezing and some mention when connected via USB and there is also mention of AE being part of the equation. My Axe hasn't froze (thank God!) but I have had fits with what seems to be the driver and AE.

I think this is the fix for my issue (axe freezes when connected to USB for some units). I sent mine in and they have used it to troubleshoot this week. Great team over there being very thorough.

Back
Top Bottom