Axe into DAW

damo_512

For those that use the Axe as an audio interface, how do you guys run it into your DAW?

I use Protools and have been using the FAS USB Audio ASIO Driver, but today it just doesn't want to work after I got a new cooling pad for my laptop (usb powered). It must be a driver thing as that's all that has changed? I do have Asio4All to use for previous 44.1kHz sessions.

I tried going back to how I had it before but it still comes up in Protools with the message, "Your audio device is configured with an unsupported audio buffer size" even though I'm using 2048 and haven't changed that.

So does it make a difference running the Axe through Asio4All? And what settings for latency do people use on that?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!!

I use asio4all as the fractal drivers gave me horrific latency. Seems very stable. I set the buffer very low and obtain a reported 2ms latency in reaper

For those that use the Axe as an audio interface, how do you guys run it into your DAW?

I use Protools and have been using the FAS USB Audio ASIO Driver, but today it just doesn't want to work after I got a new cooling pad for my laptop (usb powered). It must be a driver thing as that's all that has changed? I do have Asio4All to use for previous 44.1kHz sessions.

I tried going back to how I had it before but it still comes up in Protools with the message, "Your audio device is configured with an unsupported audio buffer size" even though I'm using 2048 and haven't changed that.

So does it make a difference running the Axe through Asio4All? And what settings for latency do people use on that?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!!

I ended up moving to a focusrite scarlett 18i20 audio interface (USB) to the DAW.
The the Axe outputs come into that.
This allows one to take mic'd amps, dry guitar signal, Axe-Fx modeling output and record any or all of them at the same time.
Much happier this way and a lot of flexibility.

Back
Top Bottom