Axe III Upgrade

I will say this, Metric Halo is about the only company I know that makes "future proof" hardware. I have several of their interfaces and they are ALL upgradeable. They've each gone through about 7 upgrades. I buy a kit and am given instructions and a video. Remove screws, pop the lid, remove cables, remove circuit boards, pop in the new ones and there it is! Sometimes a new face and back plate comes with it as there are often new inserts.

I'd LOVE this. I have a III MK 1 and it feels as though I just bought it. Kind of a drag. But Metric Halo is the only company I know that's dedicated to this. Makes upgrading much more affordable.
With Universal Audio interfaces you can buy a Satellite to add DSP.

Just plug and you are done:https://www.uaudio.com/uad-accelerators/uad2-satellite-thunderbolt.html

An external hardware upgrade, probably, would have made more customers happy. I hope the next generation of Fractal products will have this possibility.

omg, you guys still didn't realize that buying electronics will always outdated soon. haven't you guys learn anything from your older phones in the drawer? do you know the iphone renew its model yearly... Do you know what it's like, when you buying a GTX 2080 and then a month later nvidia GTX 3080 released with lower price........ :blush: with triple power.

How do you think FAS could survive if not realeasing new inovation to the market. they will be buried by other companies. So if you arent prepare your Axe FX to be outdated, don't buy it bro. go buy real 259 amps...

To be honest FAS is doing very good support, keep pushing firmware updates this far... it is hard to maintain forks of firmware with millions of codes. and like cliff said he is doing it in assembly o_Oo_Oo_O and had to keep track of everything.

Exactly this. Follow Cliff’s postings and you will come to understand why things are the way they are. And you understand where he’s coming from.

I’m amazed he got low latency convolution at 1.37 seconds. And the second you let up with the innovations someone else is going to pass you by.
Was tracking my Axe 3 AES into ProTools today no latency, sounds great. I also mic’d up my modded 50w JCM800 which blew an output tube in the first 15 minutes. Wish it was modeled in the Axe, tubes are an expensive PITA!

Axe-Fx hardware revisions are nothing new. In fact, the differences between the Axe-Fx III MKI and MKII are actually less substantive than the original Axe-Fx Standard (2006) and Ultra (2008). The Ultra was released just two years after the debut of the Axe-Fx and featured twice the processing power, more memory, and Ultra only effects. At least in this case, MKI users can still enjoy the benefits of FullRes IR's, even if they can't save them in user slots.

In my best Karen voice - "I think my original Axe FX Standard should run the latest firmware...or Fractal should automatically send me a new unit that can! I mean, what tech products go obsolete after a year?!....other than phones, computers, tablets, TVs, streaming devices, Alexas and Google Home..."

In my best Karen voice - "I think my original Axe FX Standard should run the latest firmware...or Fractal should automatically send me a new unit that can! I mean, what tech products go obsolete after a year?!....other than phones, computers, tablets, TVs, streaming devices, Alexas and Google Home..."
was this reply necessary Kevin?

It happens all the time. I was once chastised for asking for a cable, so I'm cautious about what I want. . I've only recently learnt to suffer in silence since I don't want to get into arguments with people over minor issues

You know, it wouldn't surprise me if in the near future Cliff and the team find a way to also fully support full res IR's on the MK1... maybe it can't be done, but I'm sure they are going to try as hard as they can to find away!

Back
Top Bottom