Axe III Upgrade

It does not seem reasonable that a Mk I AxeIII cannot be upgraded to operate all new features with new firmware. Its really not right. I can see if the product was very old; min 5 years to 10 years then its outdated but to be cockblocked on a few year old device is just wrong, sorry

Last edited:
I'm wondering how many firmware upgrades have been rolled out since the introduction of the Mark I. I do think Fractal provides more enhancements via update than any audio company (software or hardware) I know of. I've had my unit for about a year, and I am blown away by how much has been added to it during that time!

I was not pleased first but then … this ir thing is special, having the sound of a combo in an empty room it’s special . If we have new goodies like we had once again in 17.00 and more to come I seriously don’t care . I don’t sold the Mk1 for this. I m tweaking daily since 1 year and still discover things in the unit ….

But the Mark II has the ability to add extra hardware memory. It would have been nice to have that option. Not that I would personally need to have an upgrade because i‘m a home studio player but I’m sure most MK 1 owners would have loved to have that option.

i owned an original standard before even the Ultra was released. As an early adopter, i’ve gotten used to the Axe getting upgrades, like the Ultra, Axe 2 XL, then plus, an Axe 3 MK II and now a MK 3 with possibility of a MK IV.

now, where is the MK 2C+ Version?

You gonna open your AF3 up and start physically swapping components to add more memory? The product was not designed for the user to be able to do that easily.

Aside from the substance of your post, the tone is a bit much.
tone? no need to police a discussion thread. I'm sorry but I feel that there should be recourse to utilize new features for a unit that just a couple years old. Lets not start a flamewar here because your want to interpret my message. Breathe. I've purchased MANY products and I dont want to buy a new unit every two years, not good.

But the Mark II has the ability to add extra hardware memory. It would have been nice to have that option. Not that I would personally need to have an upgrade because i‘m a home studio player but I’m sure most MK 1 owners would have loved to have that option.

i owned an original standard before even the Ultra was released. As an early adopter, i’ve gotten used to the Axe getting upgrades, like the Ultra, Axe 2 XL, then plus, an Axe 3 MK II and now a MK 3 with possibility of a MK IV.

now, where is the MK 2C+ Version?
Agreed!

I'm wondering how many firmware upgrades have been rolled out since the introduction of the Mark I. I do think Fractal provides more enhancements via update than any audio company (software or hardware) I know of. I've had my unit for about a year, and I am blown away by how much has been added to it during that time!
I have them all since original firmware 4.0. I’m afraid to actually count them to add up all the time I spent updating since 2008! Has to be well over 100 updates + betas. I think I spent more time upgrading all my digital modelers, plugins, DAWs, and other software than actually playing guitar.

tone? no need to police a discussion thread. I'm sorry but I feel that there should be recourse to utilize new features for a unit that just a couple years old. Lets not start a flamewar here because your want to interpret my message. Breathe. I've purchased MANY products and I dont want to buy a new unit every two years, not good.
But then there's that pesky ol Reality (tm), being an itch.

Your Mk1 is not obsolete because you don’t have this « old Nokia take from a 15 watt combo in a reverbered room » sound. But I understand that someone can be unhappy with this news. Mine is only one year old, it cost a lot of money , so yes it’s never cool. But you see we still have goodies ! I prefer to have new ods personally, by far !

I didn't think there would be trolls here... but here we are being mocked for an opinion
LOL, just an observation out loud:

Making statements such as this...."Mk I AxeIII cannot be upgraded to operate with new firmware".... history has shown will invite plenty of policing and flame wars etc.

I don't see any evidence of anyone being a troll toward you. You made that statement and brought it upon yourself.

Just a polite suggestion, actually read and understand the forum...and look up any words that you don't understand. It's beyond clear that the Mark 1 has identical firmware as the mark 2.

I didn't think there would be trolls here... but here we are being mocked for an opinion
I get that you wish it were different. But it's not.

It's not like Cliff is being miserly with free updates and free new features, way far from it. I've got ungranted wishes too, we all do.

But we've also got a really awesome music-making tool, which just keeps getting better and better, for free, when in fact, Fractal owes us nothing.

Last edited:
How's the "laughing" reaction to your post any kind of "trolling" (per the pm you've sent me)? Everything you wrote in your statement isn't true.

Take it (or leave it) from a Mark I user, in fact, I've just updated to FW 17.00 and don't find FAS being cockblocking me in the slightest.

Back
Top Bottom