Axe III seems to be having some issues booting up.

El Creepo

Inspired
Just got my III on Thursday and had no troubles. Worked on a preset the other night for a few hours. But today i had a few minutes to sit down and can't seem to get it to work. Either the screen is blank and the level meters are all out of whack on the front panel, or it will actually load but the level meters are still out of whack, but the screen shows preset 000 and none of the controls work. Good times

Not sure how to proceed.

Attachments

• 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 184
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 146
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 155
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 163
are you clocking the axe with an external device thru spdif or aes? i have a similar issue if i boot the axe first and afterwards the external device when axe is being clocked by apollo 8 or grace design m905 in my studio.

though i didnt test bunch of stuff, in my case it might be the cable, apollo or the grace and not the axe fx.

When i booted it up today i didn't have anything connected to it.

I didn't see anything in the knowledge base about the III at first, but as i was creating a ticket something popped up and
mentioned a "bad preset". i worked on one the other night, just wondering if it is somehow causing the trouble, but i tried the two suggestions and neither worked for me so far.

Last edited:
....well , at least you've only got to move your cord to an input - a couple of inches lower. ( For now )

Sounds like you might have gotten the unit that was meant for me. Seems like I've acquired SO many "lemons" over the years.
At least these guys have top notch support !

I'm not sure what to try now. I've tried the recovery procedures and have had no luck. If i do get it to boot, the screen is frozen, the meters are frozen, and none of the controls work. Little aggravating. But hopefully will get it figured out.

Sorry to hear that you have trouble with your new toy. Pls keep us updated when you or FAS support solves the problem!

This is the part of the product release that I'm glad to be missing as I'm stuck months back on the waitlist :p! I'm sure they will get it worked out for you though, even if it means swapping it out for another.

this axe seems to have a bad component somewhere that didn't fail during burn in or testing. bottom line is you can't fix it until you know there is a problem. what can you do, it happens

You're not alone. My replacement just arrived today. First one had issues with loud popping between preset changes and all output levels going to max.

I figured there must be an overwhelming number of people who got on the wait list , thus causing it to move slow , but sounds more like they are ( unfortunately ) having some issues. Makes sense to put on the brakes and make sure potentially faulty units don't make it out the door. Hopefully , your replacement is the only replacement you'll need. Should be a guitar player's Dream Rig - for a lifetime.

I figured there must be an overwhelming number of people who got on the wait list , thus causing it to move slow , but sounds more like they are ( unfortunately ) having some issues. Makes sense to put on the brakes and make sure potentially faulty units don't make it out the door. Hopefully , your replacement is the only replacement you'll need. Should be a guitar player's Dream Rig - for a lifetime.

Played through it last night for about an hour and a half and all good so far!

Curious what the FAS QC process is like.

I understand probably every unit gets looked at, but how in depth. For issues like this to happen there must be something in the process that gets missed

Back
Top Bottom