Axe III Firmware 7.00 update failure

jdlenner

Hello,

I downloaded the latest firmware release 7.00 and got this message during the update, "Error Updating Unit: Internal Write Error". I followed the instructions and booted the Emergency Utility v0.3 and tried again. I got the same error message. Next, instead of using the downloaded file, I tried doing it from within the Fractal Bot and still get the same error. I notice people having this same problem with ver 5.08. Is there anything else I can do or should I just contact support about shipping it back? It is under warranty. I ran the memory test and everything was ok.

Thanks

PS - I backed up the unit before the update attempt. Should I try to restore the old firmware? Is it this file: 190815-152521-system+gb+fc.syx ?

I must say this is pretty disappointing for such an expensive piece of gear. I'm just an old dude playing at home but if I were a pro musician on tour and this happened, it would be seriously no bueno. Perhaps the moral of this story is don't update anything on the road or buy a backup unit. My Axe III is only a few months old and I only play it for perhaps 10 - 15 hours per week. It went from the box to a table and has never been moved. I use Axe Edit so I rarely even touch the buttons or the knob.

I downloaded the file and unzipped but got error message saying file corrupted. Downloaded multiple times with same result.

No big deal though, I'm sure if it is an actual problem it'll be rectified. Otherwise I'll just stay on current version.

@jdlenner No need to be disappointed, you can always just roll back to any version you want or your backup. As Chris said, not a good idea upgrading on the road.

Just posted to the tech thread about this. So important to backup with Fractal-Bot. I’ve never had a glitch or anything since I bought the 3 but for the first time today I did. After updating the firmware all my 3rd party cabs and user cabs were gone.

This would have been devastating to me had I not backed up my files. Luckily I did and I had everything working as normal again within minutes

I downloaded the file and unzipped but got error message saying file corrupted. Downloaded multiple times with same result.

No big deal though, I'm sure if it is an actual problem it'll be rectified. Otherwise I'll just stay on current version.

@jdlenner No need to be disappointed, you can always just roll back to any version you want or your backup. As Chris said, not a good idea upgrading on the road.
I have a blank screen. I tried to use Fractal Bot to Roll back but that doesn't work either.

The Axe-Fx III has a built-in recovery system known as the “Emergency Boot Loader” to protect you against
mishaps during frmware update. To boot from the emergency boot loader:
1. Power down the unit and wait fve seconds.
2. Power on holding both PAGE LEFT and PAGE RIGHT buttons until the Emergency Utility page appears.
3. Update as normal using Fractal-Bot.

The Axe-Fx III has a built-in recovery system known as the “Emergency Boot Loader” to protect you against
mishaps during frmware update. To boot from the emergency boot loader:
1. Power down the unit and wait fve seconds.
2. Power on holding both PAGE LEFT and PAGE RIGHT buttons until the Emergency Utility page appears.
3. Update as normal using Fractal-Bot.
he’s done all that, and it didn’t work. hopefully suppoeprt can help him

HI Jd,

If you were on tour, you'd have rocks in your head to update the firmware! Much more sensible to wait until you can afford the inevitable stuff ups that sometimes happen. Don't let this sour your experience - the majority of times, everything runs smoothly. There will however be those stinky other times when our backups and forethought are gold!
Thanks
Pauly

I must say this is pretty disappointing for such an expensive piece of gear. I'm just an old dude playing at home but if I were a pro musician on tour and this happened, it would be seriously no bueno. Perhaps the moral of this story is don't update anything on the road or buy a backup unit. My Axe III is only a few months old and I only play it for perhaps 10 - 15 hours per week. It went from the box to a table and has never been moved. I use Axe Edit so I rarely even touch the buttons or the knob.

Just posted to the tech thread about this. So important to backup with Fractal-Bot. I’ve never had a glitch or anything since I bought the 3 but for the first time today I did. After updating the firmware all my 3rd party cabs and user cabs were gone.

This would have been devastating to me had I not backed up my files. Luckily I did and I had everything working as normal again within minutes
I had the same issue with the cabs. Restarted axe-edit...all good.
Try to do the "refresh after new FW" and restart axe-edit.

Not necessary to restart AxeEdit when it appears the user cabs are gone...just use Preferences/refresh/cab names...I’m sure Michael will attend to this soon.
Yeah...that how it normally works, but this time nothing happened. Strange....maybe just a glitch in my computer :)

Back
Top Bottom