Axe III & DAWs (Cubase)

James Lovato

I currently have Cubase as my DAW for triggering my AxeFX II presets (via USB) as well as sending tracks/click to the front of house (FOH) and my drummer (via Presonus audio box interface). In Cubase I have a bus for FOH and my drummer for click. With the AxeFX III would I be able to create buses in Cubase for the 1/4" outputs 3/4? I am trying to simplify my rig and just use the AxeFX III and not the Axe II and Presonus interface.

This is pretty much exactly what I'm trying to do as well, my interface is just RME Fireface UFX.

I just received my III and tried to make this work. Everything else is fine but I can't get Cubase to play any audio through Outputs 3 or 4. Everything looks ok on Cubase but the signal somehow doesn't make it's way to the Axe-Fx. It tried to play guitar through the outputs so I know they are working when using just with the Axe itself.

Hopefully this is just a bug that can be fixed. The multiple I/O's were the main reason I bought the thing.

This is pretty much exactly what I'm trying to do as well, my interface is just RME Fireface UFX.

I just received my III and tried to make this work. Everything else is fine but I can't get Cubase to play any audio through Outputs 3 or 4. Everything looks ok on Cubase but the signal somehow doesn't make it's way to the Axe-Fx. It tried to play guitar through the outputs so I know they are working when using just with the Axe itself.

Hopefully this is just a bug that can be fixed. The multiple I/O's were the main reason I bought the thing.
did you add the outputs in Cubase's setup? i haven't used Cubase in a while so i don't remember exactly where that is, but you need to add them.

I actually got this working just fine. Once you have in Cubase selected your AXE FX III driver you need to go into VST (F4) connections and setup your buses. You just select output 3/4 for you output.

did you add the outputs in Cubase's setup? i haven't used Cubase in a while so i don't remember exactly where that is, but you need to add them.

Yeah, just like I’ve done with all the previous devices. I even created 4 identical software instrument tracks with just different outputs. 1 & 2 are working fine, 3 & 4 seem to be working fine on Cubase but there’s no activity on the Axe-Fx.

EDIT: Well I got this working now. I hadn't placed the input blocks right on the grid. So my mistake, now it's working! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom