Axe II XL > Mac (Garageband) - Do I even need my Apogee One?

Alabama man

Inspired
I'd like to start using my Axe FX with Garageband, but was wondering what would be better:

• Connect the Axe via USB into my Mac Air running GB
Or
  • Have my Apogee One connected to my Mac, running the Axe into the Apogee

I would also really appreciate if anyone could give some up to date info on how to set up the Axe in GB.

Last I knew GarageBand is locked to 44.1, so you may have issues straight into the Mac.

They could have vaunted that recently though.

Last I knew GarageBand is locked to 44.1, so you may have issues straight into the Mac.

They could have vaunted that recently though.
GB 10.x runs fine at 48 -- I use my Axe-Fx II as an interface for it frequently.

@Alabama man I'll say you gain nothing having the Apogee in the chain. Especially given the Apogee's lack of any digital I/O option. You'll be fine with the Axe-Fx II as an interface to GarageBand. Re-amping works great. You just need to Option-Click to reveal the record enable buttons on tracks so you can arm two tracks at once in GarageBand -- by default it just arms the currently selected track, only.

GB 10.x runs fine at 48 -- I use my Axe-Fx II as an interface for it frequently.

@Alabama man I'll say you gain nothing having the Apogee in the chain. Especially given the Apogee's lack of any digital I/O option. You'll be fine with the Axe-Fx II as an interface to GarageBand. Re-amping works great. You just need to Option-Click to reveal the record enable buttons on tracks so you can arm two tracks at once in GarageBand -- by default it just arms the currently selected track, only.

Thanks for tips! Very helpful.

Does the Axe work in the same way something like the apogee does in that it takes on the cpu load for audio application? Not exactly running a power house with my Mac Air lol.

Back
Top Bottom