Axe II XL+ cab / firmware question

jmadden5124

So my new unopened Axe FX XL plus arrives in a couple days & I figure the first thing I'll do is update to the latest firmware.

I have a question tho.

If I do update it to the new version.. will I have issues in the future with Cab Packs and IRs that were created for the Axe II XL for the older firmware version?

Only reason I ask is because on one site it actually says.. These are digital download files designed to run on Fractal’s Axe-Fx XL or XL+ Quantum firmware 10.01.

Obviously I dont want to spend $99 and have issues with no recourse. I'm probably being paranoid but thought I might ask if anyone thought I might have a problem installing any of the third party IRs or presets after putting the latest firmware on the Axe FX II XL.

Thanks.

i've helped many customers over the years who "didn't touch anything since opening the box" yet sure enough they somehow turned off this or changed that on their very first pass through of the menus. they just didn't realize they did it.

Reset System Parameters is always a good idea when something is wrong but you don't know what it is. even if it's "untouched out of the box."

i've helped many customers over the years who "didn't touch anything since opening the box" yet sure enough they somehow turned off this or changed that on their very first pass through of the menus. they just didn't realize they did it.

Reset System Parameters is always a good idea when something is wrong but you don't know what it is. even if it's "untouched out of the box."
Reread what I wrote:
Brand new in unopened box
If the box has not been opened, how can something have been changed?

Maybe you actually replied to the wrong thread?

Reread what I wrote:

If the box has not been opened, how can something have been changed?

Maybe you actually replied to the wrong thread?
can you teach me to reply to the correct thread? unless this was the correct thread.

let me re-read everything and reconsider everything.

let's drill down to the details of what i wrote and analyze it.

i've taken 2 minutes to reconsider things. and i've come to a conclusion.

unix-guy is just better at this whole forum thing. i enjoy how he constantly analyzes other people's posts and comments on what they said, usually pointing out how it's something that shouldn't have been said.

i'll practice.

can you teach me to reply to the correct thread? unless this was the correct thread.

let me re-read everything and reconsider everything.

let's drill down to the details of what i wrote and analyze it.
Sorry... Maybe I misunderstood what you're trying to say. The OP did not mention anything about something not sounding right. He hasn't even received the unit yet.

i've taken 2 minutes to reconsider things. and i've come to a conclusion.

unix-guy is just better at this whole forum thing. i enjoy how he constantly analyzes other people's posts and comments on what they said, usually pointing out how it's something that shouldn't have been said.

i'll practice.
My apologies if I offended you somehow?

I'm not really sure that warrants a snarky personal comment?

My apologies if I offended you somehow?

I'm not really sure that warrants a snarky personal comment?
you tend to call out people's replies and comment on how they aren't exactly relevant to the discussion, in your opinion. it's very frequent. i can understand if the OP is about the amp block and someone starts talking about delay block settings. but that's not usually what it is. you've done it to me recently, and i see it often with others.

in this example, sure, the OP didn't receive the unit yet, and will open the box and probably not need to Reset System Settings. but iaresee brought it up as a common recommended step, and i further supported that recommended step in general. clearly nothing is wrong yet, as he doesn't have the unit yet.

but here i am typing this out, basically defending my statements, when it could have just been left there for the OP to decide or just accept, coming from reputable forum members. it is still a relevant suggestion. it is always a good idea to Reset System Parameters when starting over, or even starting from the beginning. i've suggested it for years.

should we continue discussing the relevance of Reset System Parameters, as you've called it out? or should we stay on topic?

you are a respected member of the forum as well, and you've helped many people. but sometimes this behavior really forks a thread and gets irritating.

Sorry... Maybe I misunderstood what you're trying to say. The OP did not mention anything about something not sounding right. He hasn't even received the unit yet.

Nope not yet. Was just curious about the firmware and if there was any need to be cautious. On Austinbuddy's website on their Tonepack is where they list the following comment which made me worry about the firmware...

..These are digital download files designed to run on Fractal’s Axe-Fx XL or XL+ Quantum firmware 10.01. There are no returns or refunds on digital downloads, so choose the correct TonePack version before ordering!

They are probably just protecting their right to deny a refund on a digital product. At least I assume that's it. I would have thought the firmware would make no to little difference.. but hey.. what do I know?

Nope not yet. Was just curious about the firmware and if there was any need to be cautious. On Austinbuddy's website on their Tonepack is where they list the following comment which made me worry about the firmware...

..These are digital download files designed to run on Fractal’s Axe-Fx XL or XL+ Quantum firmware 10.01. There are no returns or refunds on digital downloads, so choose the correct TonePack version before ordering!

They are probably just protecting their right to deny a refund on a digital product. At least I assume that's it. I would have thought the firmware would make no to little difference.. but hey.. what do I know?
You won't go wrong with the Austin Buddy presets BUT you may want to confirm with him whether or not he will be doing an update for the latest (and possibly last) firmware version as I think the might be significant changes.

I no longer have an Axe Fx II, so I can't say...

Edit:

Might as well tag @austinbuddy :)

Thanks for all the help guys.

This is my first entry into the modeling world and I find all of the information a little overwhelming.

I'm trying to snag a MFC101 right now and not even sure if I need it.. but screw it. It looks cool. The Austin tone pack also looks like a must have. I just got my Strat back from the shop. Got some fluence pickups and a battery pack installed. With all these new toys I am going to be quite a busy bee the next few weeks. I can't wait to plan some funky music.

Back
Top Bottom