AXE II with ISP Stealth Power amp

So, I got this ISP Stealth Power amp yesterday. I usually prefer to plug the Axe straightinto the table, but I got this for occasions when I can't (eh, that was the explanation to my gf, really I think I just had some gear cravings:rolleyes:).

Anyway, I plugged them together and in to my Laney iron heart 2x12 really curious what the outcome would be. I used some of my favorite presets I've made for usb recordings and live FOH and some stock ones.

I really enjoyed it being played through my guitar cabined, was a long time ago, but still I found the sound to lack some fatness and also at quite many patches the highs was not so comfy and I also think I didn't have the sustain that I'm used to. Is anyone familiar with this feeling? I know the ISP isn't the top top top notch power amp, but it's a good ss one.

anyone have ideas of how I can make it work better together?

I'd suggest rebuilding your tones since FOH tones will sound muffled if you're running cab sims into a cab

I would use power amplifier simple on, cab simple off if using the Laney 2x12. At least that is the way it is designed to work best.

+1 on power amp sim on. It's generally something you'd only disable if you'd be using a tube power amp that colors the sound (like a mesa 2:90 for example) but with solid state you definitely want the color of the power amp sim in there.

Thanks for your replies.

yeah I also got the best results using it that way with the ISP and 2x12. Still I have that issue. It's not major, but it kinda ruins the true feeling and thought someone maybe have felt the same. Might have to dig in deep on the eq

Amp sims on, Cab sims off ... dial in BMTBt and then go to the EQ as needed. Turn it up!

I play through cabs and love what the AXEFX delivers. :)

Back
Top Bottom