Axe II to III Rack Case Upgrade

tfodor

Inspired
Hey folks! Long time Axe II user here. I currently have a 4U rack with a Matrix 1U amp, 1U power conditioner, and my Axe II.

This rig is already heavy as it is, and I don't want to have to bump up to a 5U race if I go for the Axe III. Has anyone gotten around this? I was thinking of getting a "conditioned" power strip, leaving that in the back of my 4U case (4U running Axe III, and power amp) and running everything that way. All thoughts would be awesome!

I went from an XL+ to the III. I was in a similar boat as I had a PC and my wireless IEM receiver and wireless guitar receiver in mine with my XL+. Good luck finding a 5u bag or case. I ended up having to go with a 6u, so I have an extra space open at the bottom of the rack ..... and it's HEAVY AS HELL!!! I ended up getting one of the collapsible handles from Creation Music Company to attach to the backside of my 6u case for transporting. Still have to pick it up to get it in and out of the truck, but at least I can then pull/roll it to where I want to go.
https://creationmusiccompany.com/collections/diy/products/case-trolley

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom