Axe II Shipping questions.

nateb

Inspired
I was able to get in and order an Axe-FX II today. Shortly after, I got notification from my employer that I was going to be leave the state and not getting back tell next Tuesday. I am generally concerned because the UPS guys are extremely shitty about leaving high value items sitting in front of my house.

Three Questions ::
- Do we get a tracking number?
- Approximately how long does it take to receive the item has been ordered?
- How do I tell someone to leave it at the UPS office for pickup?

As always, thanks guys. This has always been a very helpful resource.

-Nate

Anyone wanna buy an ultra? =)

1) I think you do get a tracking number from what I have heard

2) It looks to ship out within 48 hours of the order

3) You would most likely call UPS and provide them with your tracking number and work something out

I am not certain on this but just going by what I have heard on the forums, good luck! :)

Where R u located? When I ordered my mfc it took two days and I did get a tracking number. Ups has always told me they need to make one attempt b4 leaving it at there facility since fractal paid for it to get delivered to you.

I am located in San Jose, CA area.

UPS may say that but, they never do in my case. Someone could have had a nice day if they hung out in front of my house. I remember being at work and keeping an eye on the tracking site. I broke land-speed records getting home when I say the 'delivered' notification.

-Nate

Once you have the tracking number, you can usually call your local UPS hub and tell them you'd like it held for pickup. Now one of them, either FedEx or UPS told me once that they have to try to deliver at least once before they can hold it. Still, if you call them and tell them you'll be out of town that day, they might work with you on holding it for pick up.

Call or e-mail fractal and tell them you want to do a will call pickup. UPS won't hold it there forever, but they will hang onto it for a few days. once you get the tracking number (usually after a day) and the unti has shipped, you can go online and change the delivery status and can do the hold for pickup from there.

What is your address? I will make sure you get it when you get back..............

Signed
MUhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa

Also, if you have a neighbor that you trust, you can leave a note for UPS to deliver it to the neighbors house. I did that with my Standard, and the neighbor (who I trust) signed for it.

I think you can work out to have it delivered to your nearest UPS store as well (not the hub, but a local UPS Store). That's easily done if you get in touch with Fractal and provide the address to send it to and then contact the UPS store and let them know the tracking info. You also have Fractal add the Telephone number to call as well. I think the local store charges $5 to accept the package for you and might charge more to hold it for you.
But yes, UPS will attempt 3x in a row before trying to send it back to Fractal. Maybe contact FAS and see if they will put it aside?

My Axe II was shipped on Thursday (had a tracking #) and delivered about an hour ago!! The tracking info said "Signature Required", so I left a note for UPS to deliver it to my neighbor since I was at work all day, which they kindly did.

WEBB said:
My Axe II was shipped on Thursday (had a tracking #) and delivered about an hour ago!! The tracking info said "Signature Required", so I left a note for UPS to deliver it to my neighbor since I was at work all day, which they kindly did.
Thank you kind sir! thats exactly what I wanted to hear.

What is your address? I will make sure you get it when you get back..............

Signed
MUhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa
Thanks.. this made me smile.

I think I am just going to pay a visit the the UPS delivery point once I get a tracking number and request them to hold at the office. If they are weird about it, I am gonna have a friend kick back at my place and wait. I appreciate all the info.

-Nate

Last edited:
I have had UPS leave high dollar products on the doorstep many times even though a signature was required. I have also called them and had packages held up at the local UPS outlet. Not the hub. Give them a call.

Hi there, I am in a close situation, a friend of mine is going to receive the package as well, could you tell me please the measures of the box in which the Axe Fx II is shipped?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom