Axe II - Quick Question

NickBen

Hi Everyone!

I recently got my Axe II and I am loving it! The tones are awesome, but I have one question. On my patches I get a very bassy/woofy bottom end that creates and almost resonating noise that over powers the rest of the notes I am playing. Now I am currently running through my Mackie MR5 monitors and am wondering if the problem lies in the monitors, maybe they can not handle all of the bass? Eventually I want to try it with my Mesa cab, but I am waiting for my poweramp. Any suggestions? Like I said, the tone is great, its just certain notes have an overpowering bassy/woofy resonance going on? Hope that makes some sense. I appreciate the help! Thanks!

put a low pass filter at the end of the chain with the curve set at about 70 k.
I think you meant high pass and 70hz.There is also a low cut filter built into the cab block so if you are using a cab block there often isn't a need to add an additional block.Sometimes it is better to cut the lows before the preamplifier stage. In this case you can use the low cut parameter in the amp block.

I'll bet $20 that it's the Mackie MR5s and/or your room. I used to have the MR5s and I found them to be a little loose and boomy.

Ya the filter didn't work...I really want to try it with my cab, I'm thinking its the monitors too. They seem to be overly bassy when I mix as well...

Anyone else have any suggestions to tighten up the bottom end...I still think it can be improved even if my monitors are causing some of it.

Wow just upgraded the firmware....incredible. My patches sound 100% better and absolutely like the real deal. Wow :)

So I just noticed that this bass/woofy resonance is only occurring when I play any type of low "C" note or chord. That must have something to do with just the frequency of that note or something. Its weird because you would think that if I played a lower note, say a "B" it would happen too but it doesn't...any ideas? Possibly the monitors/room and where they are located? Thanks!

Mostly likely hitting a resonant freq or the monitors or the room. Does it happen with headphones only.

Wow just upgraded the firmware....incredible. My patches sound 100% better and absolutely like the real deal. Wow :)
Did you also update the presets to the version 2.0? I'm asking because I also get an inordinate amount of overpowering energy from the low E and A strings and was hoping the Axe II or now the 2.0 upgrade would tame it. I'm going to try upgrading the presets to tonight but not real optimistic this will make the magic everyone else is hearing with the firmware upgrade.

Did you also update the presets to the version 2.0? I'm asking because I also get an inordinate amount of overpowering energy from the low E and A strings and was hoping the Axe II or now the 2.0 upgrade would tame it. I'm going to try upgrading the presets to tonight but not real optimistic this will make the magic everyone else is hearing with the firmware upgrade.

Sorry I didnt see this until now...the upgrade to 2.0 definately made everything sound much much better. However, I am still having the issue with the resonating frequency around "C". Not sure how to get rid of this, I have tried filter and everything, but nothing seems to work. If I do use a filter, when I get rid of the resonance its a point where my sound is completely "tinny" and loses all bass. If I figure anything out I will let you know.

Back
Top Bottom