Axe II Price Drop? Waiting List Gone? Coupon Codes No longer Valid?....

shredi knight

Power User
....Too Many Questions In The Thread's Title??? :D

(I asked this in the Waiting List thread, but no one has answered and I want to order mine tomorrow.)

Has the price of the Axe-Fx II dropped to the coupon code price for everyone? I received my code and went to the Fractal store to see how much it would be with shipping before I order (want to make sure I have enough $ in the bank) and it had the Axe-Fx II's regular price listed at $2,199, not $2,999. It also said my coupon code was invalid when I put it in.

So is the waiting list gone and the coupon codes no longer necessary?

Go to the store and try to order and I'm sure you'll have all your answers in 30 seconds.

Yes, yes, and yes.

A-hah!!!! So you're not on vacation! Looks like my little ruse worked. Now that you have been exposed, I expect my Axe-Fx II to ship out immediately when I order tomorrow and not on July 9th when you get back from your "vacation". :D ;) :D

Seriously, thanks for the quick answers Cliff.

P.S. Wonder if I call sell my coupon code to some poor unsuspecting soul on Ebay? -hehehehhe ;) (EDIT - Didn't see that Xrocker beat me to that joke. Evil minds think alike.)

P.S. Wonder if I call sell my coupon code to some poor unsuspecting soul on Ebay? -hehehehhe ;) (EDIT - Didn't see that Xrocker beat me to that joke. Evil minds think alike.)

Glad to see you are getting a II! Hopefully you'll start posting more. The forum has grown. There are more people that need snarking than I can handle by myself.

Should be impossible to sell Axe-II's on eBay or on forums now unless someone is asking around $1899. Why would anyone pay more than that when they will get no warranty and they could just buy direct w/warranty for $2199.

Nothing lasts forever you gear flippers! lol

Last edited:
Glad to see you are getting a II! Hopefully you'll start posting more. The forum has grown. There are more people that need snarking than I can handle by myself.

Yeah, I have been slacking lately. I ordered my Axe II ealier today and I'll have a new, "I have an Axe-Fx II and you don't - Nanny Nanny Haha" picture primed and ready to shove in all the faces of the have-nots (after I have mine of course). These noobs on here will learn the ways of the shredi.

shredi knight - Fractal Audio supporter since 2007:

"I was Axe-Fx when Axe-Fx wasn't cool."
:D

Should be impossible to sell Axe-II's on eBay or on forums now unless someone is asking around $1899. Why would anyone pay more than that when they will get no warranty and they could just buy direct w/warranty for $2199.

Nothing lasts forever you gear flippers! lol

According to Jacques at G66 the warranty is transferable when buying used units. Might be different in the states?

According to Jacques at G66 the warranty is transferable when buying used units. Might be different in the states?

From the warranty in the manual:

"This warranty is extended to the original retail purchaser for units purchased directly from Fractal Audio Systems or one of its authorized distributors or resellers."

Doesn't sound transferrable to me.

From the warranty in the manual:

"This warranty is extended to the original retail purchaser for units purchased directly from Fractal Audio Systems or one of its authorized distributors or resellers."

Doesn't sound transferrable to me.

So as soon as the unit is sold to a second owner, there is no warranty whatsoever?? With receipt and everything? Over here, there's a minimum of two years warranty on electronic equipment....just to make sure manufacturers don't get too sloppy 8) (not sure if this applies to all of Europe). Doesn't matter who owns it at the moment, just as long as date of original purchase can be documented.

According to the G66.eu website:

§ 9 Guarantee and Liability
a) In the case of a flaw of the purchased goods, the customer has the right to reparation of the defect goods or to a delivery of flawless new goods.

b) If it is not possible to correct the flaw the customer has the right to decide whether he asks for a diminution of the purchase price or if he cancels the order.

c) The limitation period is 2 years after delivery of the goods. For second hand goods the limitation period is six months after delivery.

+ Jacques told me in written form that it`s transferable. I`m guessing that having the original invoice would be an requirement.

-------------
@Trazan: gjelder den norske forbrukerkjøpsloven ved kjøp fra utlandet? Tror så lenge du har fortollet varen så gjelder de samme rettighetene som om du har kjøpt varen i Norge.

According to the G66.eu website:

§ 9 Guarantee and Liability
a) In the case of a flaw of the purchased goods, the customer has the right to reparation of the defect goods or to a delivery of flawless new goods.

b) If it is not possible to correct the flaw the customer has the right to decide whether he asks for a diminution of the purchase price or if he cancels the order.

c) The limitation period is 2 years after delivery of the goods. For second hand goods the limitation period is six months after delivery.

+ Jacques told me in written form that it`s transferable. I`m guessing that having the original invoice would be an requirement.

-------------
@Trazan: gjelder den norske forbrukerkjøpsloven ved kjøp fra utlandet? Tror så lenge du har fortollet varen så gjelder de samme rettighetene som om du har kjøpt varen i Norge.

I believe that Jacques told you it is transferrable because G66 is the distributor in EU, any warranty claims go through G66, not FAS. I've heard great things about G66's customer service with the fractal stuff, even helping out US customers on tour somewhere in EU.

So as soon as the unit is sold to a second owner, there is no warranty whatsoever?? With receipt and everything? Over here, there's a minimum of two years warranty on electronic equipment....just to make sure manufacturers don't get too sloppy 8) (not sure if this applies to all of Europe). Doesn't matter who owns it at the moment, just as long as date of original purchase can be documented.

Yep, thats Europe wide. Technically it comes in as a directive ( Directive 1999/44/EC to be precise ) and then it is up to individual states to pass local laws that implement it. In the UK that was an ammendment to the Sale Of Goods Act. Basically, every EU country will have its own law, but they must be at least as tough as the EU directive, which is 2 years.

Interestingly, if you buy *used* goods from a business seller, then you get a 1 year warranty under the same terms, no matter how old they are ... (assuming they are not described as faulty in the first place)

Put simply, EU buyers get a better deal :)

Back
Top Bottom