Axe II passed my blind Brit Floyd challenge

Quote.
I'm going to be seeing them down the block in two weeks. Can't wait! Even more excited now that I can hear the Axe doing Floyd.

Will the lead guitarist in Scottish tribute band MacFloyd has been using an Ultra for ages. he changed from a Vetta.

Ben the lead in NY tribute Us not Them uses a Kemper.

I am surprised that folks on this forum are still surprised how good profiling has become.

I just caught 'em at Red Rocks (some of the older kids from my son's choir were singing on this song).

Unless my eyes deceive me, he's got a Boss GT-Pro racked above the Axe-Fx...can't fathom why? Maybe an emergency backup?!? hhhmmmm...

I haven't seen Brit Floyd, but I did see Australian PF a few years ago, and it's actually one of the best concerts I've ever been to (and I've been to well over a hundred non cover shows through the years). It has a lot to do with hearing PF music in a live setting, especially if you're a hardcore Floyd fan (assuming most people that pay for a cover show are devoted fans). I've heard good things about Brit Floyd as well. I know when I closed my eyes during the APF show, it could easily have been assumed it was the real band.

I know Bobby Harrison quite well. He's from the town next to mine.

Bobby is a recent convert to the Axe-FX and it was after speaking with him that I took the plunge. He's currently touring the US with Brit Floyd but I hope to show him how I've been getting on when he gets back.

I used to have a G-System like in Bobbys old setup. Pedalboard weighed a ton. Swapped to the Axe-FX and MFC.....soooooo much better for the back and flexibility, even though I mostly prefer the dynamics of my old rig. Just keeping plodding along with FRFR and every new firmware release improves things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't the best sound just from the best player instead of the best rig??
You have a twisted way to see things ;)

Having spent half my youth dreaming of owning half of Gilmour's rig, and then a better part of my adult life actually buying a lot of said gear or similar models (the Gimourish website is certainly an enabler lol) I have more than a casual obsession with gear. Or more so should say I "had" because now with the Axe I'm no longer having the UPS driver dropping off 2-3 new pedals a week LOL.

Now all that time spent reading reviews, forums, searching Ebay etc is spent playing.

Amazingly enough as well, often not even with the models of gear Gilmour used, rather just what sounds good to my ears. Exactly the point Bobby made as well.

This. It's the painter not the brush. High end gear can sound just as crappy as cheap junk in the wrong hands.
Operative word: CAN.
However, crappy junk will not sound like quality gear no matter who is doing the playing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This. It's the painter not the brush. High end gear can sound just as crappy as cheap junk in the wrong hands.

Are you suggesting that Damian or Bobby have the wrong hands ?

Given they are two of the best guitarist I've heard, short of Mr. Gilmour himself, surely we can enjoy not only their playing skill but also their tone ?

No, quite the opposite. These guys can play great and would sound awesome through a very wide range of gear. The point is that the equipment is only part of the whole tonal product. Some players sound great through just about anything.

They play good, now I might be totally wrong here but it sounds like gilmour's feel comes from very thin strings. Somewhere there seems to be the difference in feel i could notice. Looks like a good show altogether!

Back
Top Bottom