Axe II: My Band's Promo Video

muudrock

Experienced
This is a promo video of one of my bands prominently featuring the AxeII. I use it pretty much exclusively live and love it! This was recorded live with Axe running direct to FOH. The 4x12 was not mic'd although I am using an IR of the cab in to FOH. I pretty much used 2 patches for all the songs, an acoustic patch for the Cure song and a Marshall based patch for the rest kicking in drives, delays and amp X/Y when needed.
It is good ole fashioned classic rock so the metal guys may not dig it so much, but it's fun stuff to play.

Let me know what you think and thanks for all the valuable info on the forum that has helped me get the most out of this awesome black box!

Scott

Holy fuck your singer's good... 80's chameleon! Wish he was MY Band's singer! lol:)

All sounded good though, pretty sure this vid will get you some great gigs, good job!

Sounds really good for a live recording, The only thing that bugged when listening was the lead vocal being slatherd in to much delay (the cars tune). It worked good in some of the tunes, The Outfield's Your Love was a great cover damn near spot on and the Delay level was perfect. For some of the other tunes it was just a little to wet. Over all you guy are really tight and work well together, great harmony vocals which is a feat in it's self. You should be able to land a lot of good paying gigs with this promo vid... well done :p.

Thanks for the comments!

The singer is good. I've bee playing with him since 93. We've had this band for about 2 years and we are also in a Journey tribute together.

The video does have too much delay and the drums sound like a$$ to me, but it didn't cost us a penny and we've already got gigs from it.

Sounds great. Where are the synth sounds coming from?
Is the vocalist using the a fender amp? With what else?
Backing vocals sound amazing. Very good job.
Thanks for sharing and good luck with your upcoming busy schedule.

WTF?!! You make us wait until the last clip for the guitar solo?!! LOL. You guys sound tight. +1 on the backing vox comments. They make you guys sound top notch.

The video does have too much delay and the drums sound like a$$ to me, but it didn't cost us a penny and we've already got gigs from it.

I went back and listen to the drums and I think the the snare is the main offender, but for free who cares... it still sounds great and it a great gauge for people to get the idea.

Sounds great. Where are the synth sounds coming from?
Is the vocalist using the a fender amp? With what else?
Backing vocals sound amazing. Very good job.
Thanks for sharing and good luck with your upcoming busy schedule.

The keys are triggered by the drummer for each song via a Roland sample pad. We used to run as a 5-pc w/keys but ended up going as 4 pc. One less slice of the money pie too. Anyway, it works for what we're doing in this band.

The singer is using an old fender fed with an old Pod (Yikes!) Actually it works ok for,his rhythm parts and strangely enough sits in the mix pretty good with the Axe. I've tried having him use other amps and even an Axe, but he is just comfortable with his setup.

The backing vocals are something we really try to do well. The bass player is an incredible singer as well--used to front bands back a few years.

WTF?!! You make us wait until the last clip for the guitar solo?!! LOL. You guys sound tight. +1 on the backing vox comments. They make you guys sound top notch.

LOL. yep, the solos,didn't make the final cut.... Oh well. They wanted to fit in a good number of songs so a lot of editing was done.....at the solo's expense...

Thanks for the comments!

That was awesome!!! Man, those were songs from my time when I was in my youth. :) Loved the guitar on the Hooters song. Sounded tight.

Just curious what speakers you got in the Marshall?

That was awesome!!! Man, those were songs from my time when I was in my youth. :) Loved the guitar on the Hooters song. Sounded tight.

Just curious what speakers you got in the Marshall?

The Marshall patch has a custom IR of the cabinet in the video. An Egnater 4x12 with Scumback M75s and V30s in an X pattern.

you guys sound great, I was hooked when I first heard the backing vocals, they are really good... I'd pay to see you guys live way before a whole bunch other popular bands out there. I hope you get lots of gigs and recognition.

sounds great.. polished.. obviously worked on vocals a lot. personally guitar was buried a bit, and you need some lights on the drummer or a riser ;) overally great job, nice list too.

Thanks for the comments!

The singer is good. I've bee playing with him since 93. We've had this band for about 2 years and we are also in a Journey tribute together.

Awesome job...I was gonna ask about te Journey tune since that was some amazing vocals. You guys work very well together. I have to agree with you on the drums (snare really stuck out) or some of the tunes. And Free is good!!

wow very impressive your vocals were great !

terrific now my daughter is walking around the house singing that Donnie Iris song LOL!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom