Axe II money: Burning a hole?

smilefan

Experienced
I know a bunch of you are presently sitting on two grand, rat holed for the Axe II.
What if, God forbid, it takes a month? Two? Three?

What would you be most likely to blow the money on if some unforseen SNAFU
delays Axe II for the forseeable future?

Tube amp?
Another guitar?
Drugs?
Recording gear?
Used Axe?

Just how long do you think you can hold out?!

I still have my Ultra. I can wait as long as it takes.

That being said, I don't WANT to wait at all.

In an alternate realm, I would buy the PodHd, then justify my purchase by saying it isn't the gear it's the player(insert mandatory reference to EVH playing through anything and still sounding like EVH) Then I would run around saying my PodHd sounds just as good as any Fractal product, and I saved a ton of money by knowing this. Also in this alternate realm, I wouldn't play the lottery, because I became bored with winning it. I also really can run faster with certain pairs/brands of shoes, boost my confidence just by wearing those sunglasses Arnold wore in the Terminator 2, and remain fully functional on 2 hours of sleep a week.(I have a lot of stuff to do with all this money and confidence)

In the real world, I grow increasingly anxious, I refresh the Yahoo store page countless times a day, I wake up at night to check my phone for any email notifications of the release, I have dreams where I have disposed of my wife because she blew my AxeII money. I think I am doing pretty good holding on.

Not a problem for me. I'm a couple hundred short yet and I still have my standard. The longer it takes the more I'll have left after buying!

I know a bunch of you are presently sitting on two grand, rat holed for the Axe II.

Tube amp?
Another guitar?
Drugs?
Recording gear?
Used Axe?

Well I just bought a Bugera 333XL for $295 to hold me over.

Most don't mind waiting. Here's a few quotes I've passed on to Cliff

'If it takes a year then I'm prepared to wait' - AxelessWonder69

'Disappointed it may be ready shortly. Make us wait and teach us patience' - LavaFunkie

'I've got my POD bean. No rush!!!' - YettiBigNose

'Makes no odds to me. I play metal, so I can just bang on a pipe for a few months' - PeripheralDjent

'I'm seeing the world but I'll be back' - LoisSuperman

These are not the proper attitude of a bright-eyed Axe II customer!

You SHOULD say, "Cliff, every day when my mailman comes without my new Axe II,
I have......bad thoughts. I think he is in danger. Please help, Cliff."

Tube amp?
Another guitar?
Drugs?
Recording gear?
Used Axe?

The Best Of Jenna Jameson DVD boxed set, lap dances, and for my pregnant wife one of those inflatible doughnut things to sit on.

- Richard

I've sold my Ultra and am on the G66 waiting list for the Axe-FX II. I'm enjoying my tube amps while I'm waiting, but I hope the wait isn't going to be too long. I guess my neighbors hope that, too! ;)

I really miss my Ultra. And even though I managed to recoup every penny I spent on it, I'm still not sure I made the right move selling it before the Axe-FX II is here...

I have been waiting to get an axe fx for some time and after the announcement I can't wait to get my hands on the axe fx II.
Last week I was becoming impatient and almost bought an axe fx ultra given the prices.
The gas was getting bad so as a distraction I got a Gibson SG (traded an amp + cash).
Luckily I still have money left over for the axe fx II but the MFC controller will have to wait now.

Just have to be patient now...

Patience grasshopper. Said patience will be rewarded...

Alright alright... I will exercise some patience.

One quick question though, I am about to buy a prepaid patience card and they only sell them in 1 day, 1 week and 1 month variations, with quite a bit of difference in money between the different options. So, in order to save money on my end, to increase the amount on your end, which card would you suggest I purchase today? :D

^^^ Thats funny...very clever!

I do hope it's soon as well though, I sold my TRIAXIS GForce combo for this...

Brian

I'm lucky sold a ton via eBay, craigslist and local buddies. In the process picked up an mfc, kicktags, mission ep1 and this coming week probably a k12, & wireless unit. Sold just enough to make just enough to buy the ii :)

Money?? Who the heck has any money?? I may have to bottom-feed on E-bay for an Ultra to get started, or sell a kidney. :) For now . .I'll have to settle for the "Poor Man's " Fractal rig (Pod HD500 w/ 2 Tech 21 Power 60s) . . lol . . . it's alot like cheap beer, doesn't taste like much but it gets you there!

Here's to better times :)

I have an HD300 so I can wait...I think...a used 5150 or 6505 would be my "I can't wait any longer" purchase though.

Back
Top Bottom