Axe II Mk II - Ares 2.0 - 9/18/2019 Tone Match Block Issues?

DJD100

Power User
Hi all, was for the first time working with the Tone Match block under Ares, and I had these problems, wondering if anyone else has them etc?

Note that my preset is the "kitchen sink, with two amps (one power amp sim for a tube preamp, the other a tube pre for acoustic sim), two cabs (one electric and one acoustic IR), plus many FX and routings etc, and runs without problems at around 89% CPU.

1) I replace the electric cab block with the tone matching block, and do a match which sounds great.
2) I export the tone match as IR, and save the tone match file in the tone match block library.
3) I save the preset.

4) I restart the Axe II Mk II, and the tone match block will not pass audio, even if reload the tone match file and refresh all controls?
5) I say ok, I'll run the exported tone match IR in the previously replaced cab block, but when inserted sounds completely different than the original tone match in the tone match block (i.e. unusable!). Yes, all tone shaping in the cab block is off, as well as the smoothing and air etc.

So, this used to work pre-Ares, and as I said this is the first time I've tried to use it under Ares, so has anyone else had this problem with tone matching under Ares 2.0??

Thx...

I can say the tone match is working well with ares on my Axe FX 2 XL+ so perhaps it's to do with it being an MK. I hope you get it solved but I am sure you will find some help here. It might take a little while for people to see the post but it should get an answer from one of the more knowledgable members or someone who had a similar experience.

Hi Decimator, I got it working as it seems it's some Editor hassles is all.

My Editor wasn't loading older TM Files with some params changed from default correctly, and I had to switch out of the TM Block and back into it in the Editor to get the audio working.

I also had some corrupted TM files it seems, but I got the TM File that I created in Ares working, so all is as good as it's going to get LOL!

Thx...

Back
Top Bottom