Axe II Mark II to Apollo Twin Optical Input...HOW?? Help Needed!!

DFauvre

Inspired
Previously I ran the Axe II s/pdif through a s/pdif coaxial cable into the Apollo Quads coaxial input. Worked fine. I didn't do anything in the Axe II for a word clock setting.

The Apollo Twin has ONLY an optical input. I bought a HOSA converter, ODL-276A, to go from the Axe II's coaxial S/PDIF to optical s/pdif. When I set the Clock Source in Console to s/pdif it stays red indicating it's not seeing a clock source according to UA support. If I set it to internal, it works for awhile and then there is bad digital noise.

What's the fix?

Do I need to change some setting on the AxeII so it sends a clock source to the Apollo Twin?

What is the recommended way to go from the Axe II into an optical in?

I want to record stereo guitar from the Axe II and a mic for a vocal at the same time.

Thanks!
David

Do you have the HOSA powered up?
All i had to do was to switch my interface optical setting from ADAT to S/PDIF. Works perfectly.

Previously I ran the Axe II s/pdif through a s/pdif coaxial cable into the Apollo Quads coaxial input. Worked fine. I didn't do anything in the Axe II for a word clock setting.

The Apollo Twin has ONLY an optical input. I bought a HOSA converter, ODL-276A, to go from the Axe II's coaxial S/PDIF to optical s/pdif. When I set the Clock Source in Console to s/pdif it stays red indicating it's not seeing a clock source according to UA support. If I set it to internal, it works for awhile and then there is bad digital noise.

What's the fix?

Do I need to change some setting on the AxeII so it sends a clock source to the Apollo Twin?

What is the recommended way to go from the Axe II into an optical in?

I want to record stereo guitar from the Axe II and a mic for a vocal at the same time.

Thanks!
David
I am in the exact same situation..I think the twin is buggy....worked flawlessly with my quad, but i have had better luck with this converter
C2G / Cables to Go 40018 Coaxial to Optical Digital Audio Converter from amazon

Back
Top Bottom