Axe II Locked Up

OreIda

Experienced my first freeze in the Axe II.

Was playing guitar with one a patch and then used the main knob to switch to another patch (there was still guitar signal coming in from open strings) and the Axe II locked up.
The input lights were both in the yellow like there was input but not moving and no sound. Had to reboot. Weird.

mine locked up today too during some editing, and I think when I was making an x/y cabinet change? I turned off on, several times when frozen gave me a P in the lights (the in out lights formed a p) power? I dont think the fan was on when wouldnt reboot? ssssssssssssssssssssssscary

mine locked up today too during some editing, and I think when I was making an x/y cabinet change? I turned off on, several times when frozen gave me a P in the lights (the in out lights formed a p) power? I dont think the fan was on when wouldnt reboot? ssssssssssssssssssssssscary

i only had my standard lock up on me twice in the entire time i owned it. Axe II has been problem free.

Have you been able to to move off of the patch that originally caused the problem? Maybe it became corrupted or something due to the error. Try to switch to another patch when you get it to load up again, or load up the factory presets from FLASH.

Contact support. It may be a bug, it may be a corrupt patch, it may be hardware. They can diagnose this better than us.

Have you updated to 1.02 yet? There was an issue with 1.01 and X/Y in the cab block that was fixed.

I Highly doubt you guys are seeing hardware problems and think it is safe to say at this early phase in the Axe II you are going to come across some bugs. It is just the nature of the beast.

Best thing you can probably do is as others have said and contact Fractal support and give them the patch and a description of what you were doing at the time to make it easier for them to reproduce.

I was once reading EE times and a reader had wrote in to the magazine to complain about his boss. The guy claimed his boss, who was a non-engineer, said that software should be bug free on first release and asked the magazine the best course of action.

The magazine's response...."Find a new job"

Back
Top Bottom