Axe II Discontinued?

rtcook

Experienced
Not trying to start anything, just want some clarification. I've read in the Firmware 19 update thread that the Axe II is discontinued and will not be supported then the posts disappeared in the thread. Also read in a II to XL preset conversation thread the same thing. Is this true? I thought the II was mostly the same as the XL and when it came out we were told there was nothing to worry about.

Thanks,

Roger

They are the same, the II will be supported just like the others. No, the presets are not cross compatible between the II and the XL's and beyond

As with most electronics, firmware updates will eventually be discontinued (ex. Axe-Fx Standard). It may not happen for a while, though, but manufacturers typically phase out support for older products as new units are created. So, whenever the Axe-Fx III comes out, firmware updates may stop for the Axe-Fx II. However, keep in mind that this is just speculation on my part.

The Mark II is discontinued. There are a handful left for sale. Support will continue for the product along with all the other models. The XL+ will be the only model offered for sale once stocks of the Mark II are depleted.

Well obviously when the III comes out, but that wasn't the question. The II, XL and XL+ are all the same engine so the II will be supported asking as any other current gen product.

The Mark II is discontinued. There are a handful left for sale. Support will continue for the product along with all the other models. The XL+ will be the only model offered for sale once stocks of the Mark II are depleted.
The answer from the one who knows. Thanks Cliff

My perspective is that the Mark II is no longer being manufactured because given the choice between the XL+ and the Mark II nobody was ordering Mark II's. That doesn't make it a lesser machine than when I bought it and FAS continues to rev the firmware in sync with the XL+. As a "part-time" guitar player/musician I have not yet "plumbed the depths" of the Axe-Fx || Mark II so I don't worry about an XL+ feature that I "miss". Yet :).

Now, A pro musician who is performing and recording and can afford the latest and greatest would obviously choose the XL+. Seriously, if you can afford $2K you can affor $2.5K .
-G

Back
Top Bottom