axe ii dimensions/ ewi case...

mgavin

Experienced
sup guys i just noticed now that the the axe 2 is 14.25" deep, i got this ewi case which is 14" deep, perfect for the ultra....

A3UE-14 Shock Mount Case

think it might fit if i take off the rear rack rails ? man what a bummer

I have/use this one... R3UE-16 Rack Case

The Axe-II chassis is just a hair under 13" deep - sans handle depth. It should mount into a 14" rack Ok, but not a lot of room in back. Add 1-2" of cover front/rear and handles will fit OK, and you can stack cables in back.

Not sure that you need a shock-mount, unless you are touring. Of course.. individual choice and YMMV.
There are no moving parts in the Axe - other than the fan. NO tubes... <really?>.
All solid state.. :)

Last edited:
I already own that rack case which is why i'm slightly nervous now haha i hope it's manageable. that's good to know thanks for the "sans handle depth" that is very helpful because the lids fit over the handles well i only need room in the back for my power conditioner power cable and the axe fx power cable. it was already a tight squeeze w/ the ultra so i'm guessing it will be the same w/ the II... I will report back to the forums how it works out with this specific case, ewi 14 inch depth..... thanks again SOC :D

i think i might as well pop out those back rear rails anyways just to get as much room as possible back there, if it's a really tight squeeze i don't want those cables getting cut by the corner of a rear rack rail as well over time.... just to be safe...

The rear rails will not interfere with your axe fx fitting, it might stick out past the rails just slightly but that should not cause any problems, there should be no reason to remove them

so you think i'll be cool in keeping this case or should i upgrade to a 16 or 18 inch depth case in the future...?

I think you'll be good with that case, I can let you know for sure on Thursday, I have a 14" depth rack case and an axe 2 arriving thursday, but it will just fit in through the rear rails at the very least

It should fit... if you measure the Ultra, it's a hair under 11" deep. Add 2" to your tape measure (lock it) and get a feel for the room you would have at the back. If Ultra fits in the front OK (with handles), you should have similar success with the Axe-II as it has same handles.
Extra space in rear should be the only concern as it should fit OK.

from measuring mine before i sold my ultra, i won't be able to keep things hooked up to the rear unless they are right angle plugs into my axe II. Which currently will work for XLR output to my poweramp anyway!!

I have Gator 6U shallow.

i always have the back of my case removed though when i'm playing, and when i'm traveling i just put the two power cables in the back and have a sack for my xlr and quarter inch cables.

i would never have the back of the case on, if that's what you're implying you do, while using the axe and power conditioner. otherwise i don't get what you mean by only being able to use right angle cables...

If you leave anything plugged into the back of the unit when the lids are on, you'd need right angle cables to continue doing that

So what was the final outcome? Did it fit okay? Do you have pictures I am considering the EWI 14" depth cases and want to know if it fits.

I went with the 3U 14" EWI Shock Rack... I'll post pics when I have it all up and running. I also got the cheapest Furman M-8Lx (cause it's the lightest at 5.5 lbs). Should come in at 52lbs in total.

do you suppose one of us could email mark or liz a ewi and see if they would put wheels and the slide out handle on a shock mount rack?

do you suppose one of us could email mark or liz a ewi and see if they would put wheels and the slide out handle on a shock mount rack?
I like that idea a lot. I've got this case R4UE-14 Rack Case and it fits the Axe II just fine, but I've also got a 1U device above the Axe and all combined, it's heavy! I'm big on wheels and less lifting. Would be great if EWI adds your suggestion to the mix.

I thought about asking for coasters when I saw that I think I could have put that in the instructions. I think a shock rack with coasters on the side with a slide out handle would be KILLER!

Back
Top Bottom