Axe II Cases

Qrious

What are you using to carry your Axe II in? Does the XL have the same dimensions as the II?

I'm looking for something to carry the XL and a power conditioner.

Gator rackbag. Easy to carry.

Looking at the amp head style rack cases though. Looks cool, and it's just home these days anyway.

I've been using two 4 space SKB "Ultimate Strength Series" Roto Racks and like them.

I have the Axe alone in one, and my power conditioner,guitar wireless,and IEM receiver in the second.
This is for ease of portability between home and rehearsal. Just disconnect the top "Axe fx" rack and go home.

With the Axe mounted in the center of the 4 space, it's away from any edges/sides which I really like for protection.

They lock in pretty nicely to each other as well, the case itself is a little bit more bulky than most though.

I got the gator shallow and the fx2 just fits. I had to get 90° angle plugs so I can keep my cables on while closing the back lit. The only drawback is the handles to carrey are a little snug for my big hands. Got mine new off evilBay for under $100... Which I think was a good deal.

Joe...

One of these. The wheels are EPIC awesome. The rack is a little big, but I prop it next to me on stage and put my mixer on top for my IEM control. Its a slick setup.

1skb-rlx5.jpg

I've been using two 4 space SKB "Ultimate Strength Series" Roto Racks and like them.

I have the Axe alone in one, and my power conditioner,guitar wireless,and IEM receiver in the second.
This is for ease of portability between home and rehearsal. Just disconnect the top "Axe fx" rack and go home.

With the Axe mounted in the center of the 4 space, it's away from any edges/sides which I really like for protection.

They lock in pretty nicely to each other as well, the case itself is a little bit more bulky than most though.

Would love to see pics of your setup :)

-PJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Point me to the LIGHT SOFT case that anyone knows about. The LIGHTER the WEIGHT the better. I don't care that much about protection.

I'm using the Gator 4u so that I can also run a power conditioner. It's alright, nice and light but there isn't a lot of room to fit the hands under the handles. I went with the 4u to give a 1u space for the Axe to breathe and I figure I can add a front jack panel if I need in the future.

http://www.gatorcases.com/p/39201-904/gr-4l

I keep mine in a standard black 6 space ATA flight case with heavy butterfly latches. That gives room for my Axe II, Vafam patch bay (moves all my connections to the front), a power conditioner, wireless rig, and a rack shelf for keeping picks and things during the gig. It's about the size of a Princeton amp laying on its back, so it's not the monster package some might think. I don't have to worry how it's loaded into or out of the trailer, what is put on top of it, etc. I put it on a four leg stand when playing, with my RCF monitor below on small stages, or top on medium sized ones or outdoors. Having that sturdy case lets me focus on playing and convenient setup, knowing my Axe II is safe wherever I keep it.
Cased Under.JPG

Last edited:
4u skb for me. Holds my furman, g90 wireless, and axe fx. Sets on one of my cabs and my into the effects return of my Mesa head, which sets on another cab. It look pretty cool with no cables shown up front (I use the axe's rear input) and no cables going into the front of the head. I've had people ask me how I get sound into my amp with "nothing plugged in" and I tell them it's a highly sophisticated FAS set up....in reality one cable going in and two going out ( the other is my midi cable to my controller). Seems to impress quite a few folks.

I have a 6 space rack ata power come,G90,Matrix GT1000 2space,AxeFx2 I'm getting a gator Studio2Go rack bag 2 space with a laptop holder on the side. So I can take my axe to practice and bring it back home. I have a power amp at practice its a PITA to carry all my gear back and forth every week for practice

I keep mine in a standard black 6 space ATA flight case with heavy butterfly latches. That gives room for my Axe II, Vafam patch bay (moves all my connections to the front), a power conditioner, wireless rig, and a rack shelf for keeping picks and things during the gig. It's about the size of a Princeton amp laying on its back, so it's not the monster package some might think. I don't have to worry how it's loaded into or out of the trailer, what is put on top of it, etc. I put it on a four leg stand when playing, with my RCF monitor below on small stages, or top on medium sized ones or outdoors. Having that sturdy case lets me focus on playing and convenient setup, knowing my Axe II is safe wherever I keep it.
View attachment 21362

My rack looks very similar with the addition of a Matrix amp. Love the VAFAM panel - one of the most useful music-related purchases ever made!

I am expecting delivery of a T-stand just like yours on Monday :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Point me to the LIGHT SOFT case that anyone knows about. The LIGHTER the WEIGHT the better. I don't care that much about protection.
Gator 2 space Studio2go rack bag its a 2 space rack bag and has a compartment on the side for a laptop

I like the SKBs too, built like tanks and very light. Had a bad experience with Gator but that was like 10 years ago, was probably a cheapo model and their stuff now looks much more inline with SKB (one I had was just thin and flimsy with aluminum rails and wheels and a handle that failed to last more than a year... ick). Also had a RoadRunner 2u road case... a little too heavy for what it was but was already spoiled by SKB. Still have a Grundorf from like 20 years ago that still is in amazing shape considering but it stays home these days for things I need to rack and not move often, just too heavy!
SKB Roto Rack - 4U | Sweetwater.com

Back
Top Bottom