Axe II > Axe III preset conversion

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
I have about a week before my Axe II is gone (pending sale) and figured I'd run them side by side for a bit and recreate at least 5-10 go to presets. I don't expect them to sound perfectly alike obviously but if nothing else, get me in the ballpark. I'm trying to keep the default deep parameter settings on the III as is and not copy older settings from the II. One thing I'm quickly realizing though is its all about the IR's. I have thousands of 3rd party IR's but mostly stick to factory cabs and feel like i'll have to rediscover cab selections. I have the Axe III mark II and holy batman, there are so many I'm not even sure where to start. I was getting that boxy sound again but realized how much the right IR selection makes or breaks your preset. Are the IR's in the III much different? also IR lengths? I found myself cutting the length a bit.

For you users that came from the II to the III did you end up importing all your old cab packs or just try out all the factory ones as i know they include many great IR makers, ML, York etc etc

the Axe3 is a completely different experience. i'd copy the presets from the Axe2 for the form and effect settings, but i would just dial in the amps from scratch. especially with FW 15.xx, the Amp blocks are so different, i'd take a bit of time to just start at default settings and adjust as needed.

I would agree with Chris... I posted a similar reply in a similar thread a couple days ago.

I copied over the handful of 3rd party IRs I was using on the II. Since then, I've purchased a few York Audio packs and have loaded those.

Back
Top Bottom