axe II and matrix Q12a will it match my expectations?

Harm

Experienced
Hi all,

After using a db M10-2 active monitor for quite a while now I finally bought a matrix q12a. So far I have gone through a lot of the frustrations of more people whose posts I've read.
So far no stock preset has really been useful. The sound was Always with a blanket over it. I built presets from scratch using pointers I read on this site (best advice was reducing speaker size!) that cleared it all up quite a bit, but still not completely to my liking. What annoyed me the most was the fact that there's this FANTASTIC user bank which was useless to me. I've been so jealous every time I turn on YouTube and see the dudes with this amazing sound and a smile on their faces..:)

The q12a will be shipped to me today or tomorrow. What I'm expecting is the following:
1) All the factory presets will sound "ok" up to "good". (Except of course the extreme settings presets)
2) User presets will sound mostly good. Except of course the ones made by dudes (or gals) without frfr.
Of course SMALL adjustments in treb, mid and bass to adjust to taste or ears have to be made.

Am I correct? Or will I be disappointed?

Thanks all,

Harm

I have a Q12a with my Axe Ii and have been very happy with it and I have gone the studio monitor, separate matrix power amp and real cab routes and this has been the best solution overall. The presets are hit and miss for me so I would just build your own, but overall I think you will be happy with the matrix

Back
Top Bottom