Axe II and Matrix GT1000FX = GREAT !!!

mrpollack

Inspired
Last edited:
Hey Jacek, I see that you also play a Rocktron 250. What audible difference is there between Velocity and Matrix?

Hi Norbert..I think, to my ears Matrix sounds exactly like good tube power amp ..Rocktron V250 (the one with reactance control) is similar to tube power amp sometimes in some aspects :)

I use Matrix through Cornford 2x12 V30 guitar cab (Axe's out 2) and I add a little bit of Power Amp simulation...

Yeah, I have to say that I am very happy replacing my heavy Atomic Reactor 50/50 with the Matrix. I needed only to raise the Presence and Treble a little in my presets to match what I was hearing before. The weight saving is such a relief.

Exactly..It's a little darker than my VHT2502 or Splawn ( with presence turned up) so I had to boost some higher frequences on my global EQ (out2) My SAG is set to 0,01

Last edited:
I think you may be misinterpreting the poweramp function in the Axe. It's either on or off. Sag at 0 is off. Anything above that is on. Having sag set to 0.01 means you have almost no sag, but the rest of the poweramp sim is functioning at the settings at which they are set. Since the matrix is solid state, I would think this is a good thing. It probably wouldn't sound very good with poweramp sim off. Glad to hear you had great gigs with the unit. Not many things in life are more satisfying than playing a show and loving what you are hearing :ugeek

I think you may be misinterpreting the poweramp function in the Axe. It's either on or off. Sag at 0 is off. Anything above that is on. Having sag set to 0.01 means you have almost no sag, but the rest of the poweramp sim is functioning at the settings at which they are set. Since the matrix is solid state, I would think this is a good thing. It probably wouldn't sound very good with poweramp sim off. Glad to hear you had great gigs with the unit. Not many things in life are more satisfying than playing a show and loving what you are hearing :ugeek
Actually SAG = 0.01 makes huge deference from SAG= 0 at least in my case...Looks like it's switching on something nice sounding in my Axe..
You are right about playing show and loving your sound..That's why I love Fractal and Matrix so much these days :)

Actually SAG = 0.01 makes huge deference from SAG= 0 at least in my case...Looks like it's switching on something nice sounding in my Axe..

That's correct. 0 = no poweramp sim, 0.01 and above = with poweramp sim. You can't have a little poweramp. it's on or off. You're hearing a huge difference because you are turning it on. 8)

Reactions: Ole
That's correct. 0 = no poweramp sim, 0.01 and above = with poweramp sim. You can't have a little poweramp. it's on or off. You're hearing a huge difference because you are turning it on. 8)

+1

Matrix poweramps are neutral amps which need poweramp simulation in the Axe-Fx to be switched on.
With SAG=0 poweramp simulation is entirely DISabled in the preset.
With SAG=0.01 poweramp simul. is entirely ENabled in the preset (unless poweramp simul. is switched off in the Global menu).
SAG at 0.01 just means that the power amp simulation is less 'saggy' (less compressed), but poweramp simul. is still active.

Amp block: parameters and dialing in - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Hi guys, this seems like the perfect thread to post this in.... We reviewed the Axe FXII with the Matrix GT1000 FX in last month's issue here >> Eddie Van Halen - iGuitar Magazine Issue 10

This month, we are giving away the Matrix in our competition so if you want one for free, this is probably your best chance aside from stealing one ;)

It's free to enter here >> Slash Special - iGuitar Magazine - Issue 11 - 2012: WIN! GT1000FX guitar power amp - iGuitar Magazine Issue 11

Good luck!

David
iGuitar

Should have my Matrix GT1000FX early this coming week. I'll have a choice of playing thru my Suhr 212 V30 or my CAE 410 with Greenbacks. It will be an interesting experiment.

Any tips on settings besides the Poweramp On with SAG set to .01?

Hi guys, this seems like the perfect thread to post this in.... We reviewed the Axe FXII with the Matrix GT1000 FX in last month's issue here >> Eddie Van Halen - iGuitar Magazine Issue 10

This month, we are giving away the Matrix in our competition so if you want one for free, this is probably your best chance aside from stealing one ;)

It's free to enter here >> Slash Special - iGuitar Magazine - Issue 11 - 2012: WIN! GT1000FX guitar power amp - iGuitar Magazine Issue 11

Good luck!

David
iGuitar
I already posted a thread about the competitions for the Matrix. I entered myself and hopefully I win this time :razz

Good to see you guys on the forum.

Back
Top Bottom