Axe II and Matrix 1000 questions....

Sted

Inspired
Hi guys,

Sorry if these questions have been answered previously, I am a complete newcomer to this kind of rig and would appreciate your assistance.

Firstly I intend to use my Axe II into a matrix GT1000 1U amplifier and then into my guitar cab (2x12" 100 Celestion G12K100), after reading the manual I think should be connecting the balanced XLR's from output 1 into the L&R in puts on the Matrix but setting these outputs to be SUM L+R so I don't have stereo going into the amp, just mono down both, or can I just use one of the XLR's to send into my amp?

My original idea was then to use the amp in Bridged mode and connect to my guitar cab, only problem is after reading the Matrix manual this increases the minimum load from 4 ohms to 8 ohms and you guessed it.....my cab is 4 ohms input! I was hoping that using the amp in stereo mode would enable me to just connect a standard 1/4" speaker lead from output A or B (Not both) into my cab, I have read the manual and it would appear that these channels can be operated independently unlike the parallell mode which requires both outputs to see a load.

Hopefully thats clear, like I said I'm an absolute new comer to all this so would appreciate any help!

Sted.

When the amp is in stereo mode, you basically have 2 independent sides of the amp to use. You could try setting the ouput 1 to mono and using the L output into the Input A of the amp. Since you arent running stereo. Thats what I do into a JCM900 4x12.

I see so as long as I have a mono signal going into the amp (Using Sum L+R or COPY L->R) I can just use one side of the amp in stereo mode safely? So in effect it would Output 1 from the Axe into input A on the amp then a connection from output A on the amp (In stereo mode) into the cab, if I'm thinking right!

Yup. For instance, i have input A for my matrix be from my axe fx, then the input B is actually my other guitarists 11r. Run the speaker cab wires out accordingly.

Thats cool mate, thanks! Seems a shame to only use one side of the amp though, will be needing a stereo cab at some point I'll wager!

Eh. Just one side of the power amp is MORE than enough to get me over top of my band no matter which venue we play. Its pretty impressive. But i wouldnt mind a stereo setup either
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back
Top Bottom