Axe II and Guitar Synth

Jerry K.

Experienced
Is it possible to have a guitar synth connected at the FX loop in and have it mix into the Axe II path but not get effected by the Axe II processing. It would show up at the output and get blended with the effected guitar path. Basically the Axe II would be functioning as a mixer. If it is possible, can Outputs 1 and 2 both contain this information? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Thanks!

I've been experimenting with the GR-55 and Ultra. First I ran the Gr-55 thru the FX loop and found it not to cutting thru strong enough. I'm sure it can be done but I don't the time to mess with every possible scenario. In the end I bought a small mixer and I'm running the Ultra and Gr-55 in different channels and controlling their output. So far its been so much easier to get the Gr-55 to cut thru. When I get my AxeII next week, I'll try to run thru the again to see if the result will be different.

I've been running my VG-99 through my Ultra for a couple of years now. As long as you have it plugged into the rear inputs and nothing but shunts from input to output, there should be no tonal difference.

Back
Top Bottom