Axe II amp models. Which have G2 modelling, which are ported from Ultra?

smilefan

Experienced
Can anyone break down for me which amp models in the II have
the full G2 modelling treatment, and which are just ported over,
as is, from Gen. I modelling?

Which ported amp models from Gen. I should we make the most
noise for getting the full, deluxe G2 modelling treament?

I vote Matchless ("Boutique")! If I'm not mistaked that was just
ported. Seems like low gain, vintage-style amps would benefit the
most from the new modelling.

From what has been stated by Cliff himself, none are "ported" all 100% from scratch in G2.

Cool if that's the case. Seems to me I read Cliff discussing just porting some
models over, rather than leaving them out of the current II lineup.

I read somewhere where he was considering it, but I don't believe he's actually done it, and I think in the end he said he would prefer not doing that at all if he could avoid it.

Yeah, I vaguely remember this too. I can't remember exactly what the context was, but I think it was a specific model he was talking about the possibility of just porting over, and I don't think he even ended up doing it. Don't know what thread it was.

From what I've read, there is no 'porting tool' that will take Ultra/Standard patches and bring them to the twoey (name the movie). The whole concept (i.e. programming) is different.

It probably makes more sense that if he has enough data on the particular amp, he's able to re-create that amp in the II. If not, or still is not satisfied with the results, he holds back until he has the algorithm right.

Ron

I believe he was talking about fine tuning the sound of many of the amps by comparing them to ones he actually has. The amps that he doesn't have he modeled using the schematics only. He did say he redid every amp using the GII modeling though.

Cliff's post was in response to a question I had over the definition of "port". The debate in that thread was whether it is preferable to include the Axe I versions of amps not yet included in the II, or to leave them out since they can eventually be modeled more accurately. IIRC, all of the models in the II are new.

Back
Top Bottom