AXE HEAD

What are the cleanest settings for all levels when im using the axe fx as a pre amp. ?I basically run it right into a power amp and use it as an amp sound. Im just missing something it doesnt sound right. Can someone help with the levels so i can run it like a pre amp? i basically just want a head that i can change to a nice clean sound and heavy chunky sound. but when a/b to my real marshalls, 5150 you can tell the difference. ity sounds stale and thin lifeless. I heard say mark days friedman axe set up sound killer. So im assuming it has to be some levels. I run guitar into axe into randall rrm80 power amp into two marshall cabs.

there's no one "cleanest sound" setting for all Axe-Fx because volumes of presets are all different. you need to look at the VU meters in the Utility menu to make sure you aren't clipping internally. if you are, adjust the Level in your amp block down for that preset so it doesn't clip. then you need to adjust the Output knobs on the front panel so it doesn't clip the input of your power amp. this concept is known as "gain staging" and is mandatory for any audio situation.

Back
Top Bottom