Axe-FXIRConverter- Unable to use MIDI config

nikki-k

Experienced
Hi!
Mac, OSX Leopard, 10.5.4
Mbox 2 Pro with MacBook Pro, latest Mandalone, Works (well, mostly) with the Axe FX Editor (Java). (I can only set it for firmware 5.22, have latest- 5.24; retrieve preset, "Bad Checksum" on Axe FX Ultra screen, but preset is retrieved)

OK.. I downloaded and installed the latest Java pack for Leopard from Apple's site. I installed Axe-FXIRConverter utility, and when I try Optins->MIDI Configuration, nothing. No window opens. But, the menu item remains grayed, just like when you hover over that item to select. So, I cannot select the port I have the Axe FX Ultra on to be able to send anything to it.

Ideas? Solution? Workaround?
Thx!

nikki-k said:
Hi!
Mac, OSX Leopard, 10.5.4
Mbox 2 Pro with MacBook Pro, latest Mandalone, Works (well, mostly) with the Axe FX Editor (Java). (I can only set it for firmware 5.22, have latest- 5.24; retrieve preset, "Bad Checksum" on Axe FX Ultra screen, but preset is retrieved)

OK.. I downloaded and installed the latest Java pack for Leopard from Apple's site. I installed Axe-FXIRConverter utility, and when I try Optins->MIDI Configuration, nothing. No window opens. But, the menu item remains grayed, just like when you hover over that item to select. So, I cannot select the port I have the Axe FX Ultra on to be able to send anything to it.

Ideas? Solution? Workaround?
Thx!

...I have the same computer you do...

...I haven't used the Axe-Fx editor to tweak my Axe-Fx because I couldn't get it to work when I first got my Ultra, so I've been using only SysEx to transmit firmware, IR's and presets...I recently started using 0xED to change the user locations of the cab IR's...you can download it here: http://www.suavetech.com/0xed/0xed.html

...also, my M-Audio Uno wouldn't work correctly everytime, so I got the MidiSport 2x2 Anniversary...no more problems...I've been able to change the user locations in the IR's with 0xED...I save that...and then load it into SysEx to transfer it to my Ultra...

...you'll really like the cab IR's...

...I guess I'll give the Axe-Fx editor another try, but I don't mind turning the knobs either :cool:

Back
Top Bottom