Axe FXIII Mini Utility problems

trancegodz

Fractal Fanatic
I used the Axe FXIII Mini Utility for the first time with the Axe FXIII tonight. It seemed like it worked right and it loaded the 100 cabs I'd chosen into my User 1 cab area. I selected cab, then hit edit, then selected User 1 and hi-lighted Number, then hit enter. All the cabs showed up. I turned the Axe FXIII off and when I turned it on a few minutes later none of the user cabs that I'd installed a few minutes before were there.

So I went through the whole process again. This time they didn't show up at all in the Axe FXIII under User 1 cabs. So I went through the whole process once more. Same results. I then turned the Axe FXIII off and back on. This time just one of the user cabs showed up.

Then I selected User 2 just to make sure I hadn't installed them there. It was empty. I then re-selected User 1 and they were there again.

Is any one else having similar problems?

Update: I just tried turning the Axe FXIII off and back on again and the user cabs are gone once more. I tried it a couple more times with the same results. Then even though none of the users cabs were showing up when I hi-lighted the number under User 1 I decided to try and turn the large knob and see if they were there but not showing up. As I scrolled through I could see the cabs changing at the top of the screen, but when I hit enter this time some of them were there and some of them were not. Maybe 10 were there them 5 or so missing and on and on like that up through 100. I tried turning the Axe FXIII off one last time and back on and all the users cabs are gone again.

Friday Update:
I just tried re-loading 100 user cabs one at a time with Fractal Bot. They all loaded fine and showed up, but when I turned the Axe FXIII off and back on a few minutes later they were all gone. So it's not the Mini Utility, or Fractal Bot. Maybe there a bug in firmware 1.08?

Last edited:
I just tried re-loading 100 user cabs one at a time with Fractal Bot. They all loaded fine and showed up, but when I turned the Axe FXIII off and back on a few minutes later they were all gone. So it's not the Mini Utility, or Fractal Bot. Someone please check into this.

I loaded a ton of cabs into mine with the mini utility and had no issued what so ever, as long as axe edit wasn't running at the same time.

@Admin M@ Edit.... Interesting, I just turned mine back on for the first time in a few days and all the cabs I have loaded within the past week or so are all gone now.....

Edit II: even more interesting, I opened the mini thingy to start loading back in the cabs, and after reloading the first batch of say 10 cabs, All of the cabs showed back up again..... something flakey going on with user bank 1....

Edit III: lol So I turned my Axe FX off and let it sit for a little while. Fired it back up went back into the user bank and all my cabs were gone again. I scrolled through all the blank cab slots in the bank and then hit exit, then went back into the bank again, and all the cabs showed up again.

Last edited:
Glad to know it's not just me experiencing this issue. I filed a support ticket and Mark said the tech would take a look at this issue on Mon.

Update:
Earlier today I decided to upload all 100 users cabs again, but instead of using the Mini Utility, this time I uploaded them one at a time using Fractal Bot. They all showed up in the Axe FXIII. Then I turned the Axe FXIII off and back on a few minutes later and they were all gone again. I turned it off and gave up for the time being. So it’s happening with both the Mini Utility and Fractal Bot. (I did not have Axe Edit running.)

Later in the day I noticed that a new Axe Edit Beta was out so I downloaded it and installed it. Then I turned on the Axe FXIII then opened up Axe Edit. I hit refresh after update and waited for it to be done. It took a while. I selected the Cab block and looked in the Users I section and none of the user cabs were there. So I turned the Axe FXIII off and back on again a few minutes later and tried again. This time the user cabs showed up in the Axe FXIII and Axe Edit. I have not turned on the Axe FXIII since then to see if they are still there or not.

Since it’s happening with both the Mini Utility and Fractal Bot, I’m guessing it’s a bug in the latest Firmware.

Glad to know it's not just me experiencing this issue. I filed a support ticket and Mark said the tech would take a look at this issue on Mon.

Update:
Earlier today I decided to upload all 100 users cabs again, but instead of using the Mini Utility, this time I uploaded them one at a time using Fractal Bot. They all showed up in the Axe FXIII. Then I turned the Axe FXIII off and back on a few minutes later and they were all gone again. I turned it off and gave up for the time being. So it’s happening with both the Mini Utility and Fractal Bot. (I did not have Axe Edit running.)

Later in the day I noticed that a new Axe Edit Beta was out so I downloaded it and installed it. Then I turned on the Axe FXIII then opened up Axe Edit. I hit refresh after update and waited for it to be done. It took a while. I selected the Cab block and looked in the Users I section and none of the user cabs were there. So I turned the Axe FXIII off and back on again a few minutes later and tried again. This time the user cabs showed up in the Axe FXIII and Axe Edit. I have not turned on the Axe FXIII since then to see if they are still there or not.

Since it’s happening with both the Mini Utility and Fractal Bot, I’m guessing it’s a bug in the latest Firmware.
Like I said if you scroll the user cabs on the unit itself, and then exit and re enter the bank they re appear, so I don't think they are actually not there, I think maybe there is just an issue with the names displaying.

Back
Top Bottom