AXE FXIII Live Tips Anyone?

Hey guys
Does anyone have any tips for using the FXIII live? do's and don'ts?
Converted all my live patches from my AXII and imported them, they sound pretty good but hoping to improve on them as time goes on. They do sound a little "darker" than before but they do come to life when turned up.

My AXE FXIII is pretty much "out of the box" in terms of setting s at the moment, and all my AXE II patches are setup using Austin Buddy's amp pack.

So if anyone has any suggestions or learned from experience on the best way to use it live that would be great :)

Cheers guys.

I would suggest that you prepare a perform screen with some amp controls for quick adjustment during rehearsals and live if possible.

Have you reviewed your "new" AXE-FX III presets at stage volume level? If so, and they sound good, good to go... otherwise you might have some emergency EQ tweaking to do on the fly before the gig

Hi guys
The performance screen sounds like a great idea, probably the low and high cut on the cab is a good start to tweak the tone on the fly, I usually check all my patch and scene levels using the meter, worked well on the FXII so will go with that, got 2 weeks til next gig so fingers crossed :)

Have you reviewed your "new" AXE-FX III presets at stage volume level? If so, and they sound good, good to go... otherwise you might have some emergency EQ tweaking to do on the fly before the gig
What's the easiest way to tweak EQ live on the fly. I haven't used Perform mode--is there anything about it in the manual?

What's the easiest way to tweak EQ live on the fly. I haven't used Perform mode--is there anything about it in the manual?

I use the global EQ for on the fly. Of course that affects EVERY preset, so if you only have issues with one preset you have to go into that particular preset for adjustment. Perhaps cut some lows and highs in the cab block will do it. I havent used perform mode either yet so not sure how that works exactly

The Axe III is seriously more powerful.
Your ability to use channels will not transfer from the Axe II. I would take some time to learn about your options, they are vastly superior now. More versatility in most areas.

The Performance screen is invaluable for live use, IME. 10 options at your immediate fingertips for on-the-fly tweaking. Each performance tab is per-preset, so you can have different options if you like.
Amp controls are great, as well as a Parametric EQ or Graphic EQ bypass if you have a block already tweaked for different guitars with the same amp. Also, I have my Drive Gain/Tone knobs on there, easy to quickly tweak.
It’s can be incredibly helpful in last minute tone shaping at a gig.
You can have ANYTHING there that you might need to quickly shift.

There are some WAY better delay and reverb options as well. I had to rearrange my thinking after I learned about many of the “new” features/options. You may want to experiment with your presets and see if they would benefit from using channels...my guess is they will, greatly,

Have fun!!!!

Back
Top Bottom