Axe FXIII AES Routing

79_limited

Experienced
I have an external processor (Eventide) that I would like to use as an external effects loop via AES as a send/return. With the AES am I able to insert that AES signal into any of the 4 analog I/O channels?

Thanks for the input. I don't have my Axe III with me otherwise I would just experiement.

You'd have to either clock the external processor from it's AES input or clock the AxeFx III from it's AES input.

While you can return a signal from AES to Inputs 1,2,3 and/or 4 (In Setup - Audio in AxeEdit) you can only output a signal to AES from Output 1, Output 2 (or input 1, or USB 7,8).

Ok great thanks for the info.

Do you know if reverb/delay spillover will be affected if I return from the Eventide back to the Axe FX?

I read on the Eventide forum that it can cut off the tails if you run the loop through the analog I/O. The work around was to send to a external sub mixer before it goes to FOH. Seems like a extra step.

The Eventide will have to be word clock master as the AxeIII can't both be master and be in an AES loop.

Regarding spillover, are you talking about spillover within a single Axe preset or across Axe presets (via the global setting)?

The Eventide will have to be word clock master as the AxeIII can't both be master and be in an AES loop.

Regarding spillover, are you talking about spillover within a single Axe preset or across Axe presets (via the global setting)?
Ok no problem having the Eventide as Word Clock Master.

I typically just use a handful of presets so yes it would be spillover in the preset.

I use an H8000 in a loop and haven't had problems with cut tails with either an analog connection or a digital connection. The Axe block mute modes are sufficient for my presets (I don't use global spillover across preset loads, so can't comment on that).

Also, my H8000 presets are made with tails in mind -- I typically leave the Axe 3 send open and mute effect inputs on the Eventide as needed.

Curious about this - I'd think that if the AxeIII were the master, and the other device sending AES input back was set to external clock via the AxeIII's AES output that it would work. (My AES device is a Dante AVIO dongle however, which does a good job syncing to the AxeIII while being sync'd to the Dante network clock on the other side, so I'm not sure it's a pure enough usage case)

Back
Top Bottom