Axe FXII PLUS Axe FXIII

Satch4u3

Experienced
Anyone here planning on keeping their current AXE FX and combining the two in your rig? If so, how do you plan on using both?

Might be (no... it is) complete overkill, but I plan on utilizing both for gigging, some how. Maybe connecting one to the other by SPDIF. As to how I would use it and what I would use either for, I have no idea. haha Just the tech geek in me thinking. All that power!

Keeping the XL+ but not planning on taking it out gigging. That's more than I need for any gigging work I do. Way, way more. Honestly, when you folks see what a III can do I think you're going be really happy to get that 2U of space back in your gigging rack. :)

Might be (no... it is) complete overkill, but I plan on utilizing both for gigging, some how. Maybe connecting one to the other by SPDIF. As to how I would use it and what I would use either for, I have no idea. haha Just the tech geek in me thinking. All that power!

Hmmm... I hadn't considered connecting via SPDIF and then using the SPDIF OUT on AxeFX3 to my audio interface. Might have to look into this. To answer your question, I plan to keep both for a while but, ultimately, having both the II and III appeals to the geek in me. That said, wife would kill me and I REALLY can't justify! :)

As soon as I'm comfortable with the III and I've got tools to port my II patches over (crossing fingers here), my AxeFX2 and MFC-101 will go up for sale.

Have a great weekend all...

I'm using both every day in artist support and will continue to do so. It's fun to go back and forth. My brain is growing. Though to be honest, after awhile I started to get a not so fresh feeling about the previous generation. They still sound amazing, but the III is just a pure joy to behold and use.

My personal Axe-Fx II is now on my analog synth rig. OMG is THAT an awesome combination!

Last edited:
Seems a little redundant to me because the whole point of the III should be the power to run all the effects I want as is, same with seamless switching etc

The XL could max out, or maybe not switch between amps fast enough, so a second unit could make sense, but the III should resolve all that.

Basically, if I buy a III and I feel I need to add another processor to it to do what I want, I’m not a very happy customer of the III.

I am sure the III will be more than capable of handling everything I’d need to throw at it. But it sure will be fun to try both together.

Transferring favorite presets will take time. So I’ll be holding on to my II for a long time.

The flexible I/O routing of the III makes integrating the II simple, so comparing old and new presets is easy.

The flexible I/O routing of the III makes integrating the II simple, so comparing old and new presets is easy.

Yek, maybe a dumb question, but can you explain or give an example how you will set up the II and III to compare old and new presets? Thanks

Yek, maybe a dumb question, but can you explain or give an example how you will set up the II and III to compare old and new presets? Thanks
I've got IN1 fanned out to OUT3 and then IN3 --> OUT1. If IN3 is bypassed it passes signal from ahead of it (so the III's preset sound). And then I un-bypass IN3 to hear the II's sound. From the III I got from Out 3 L to rear Input 1 input on the II and from Output 2 L/R on the XL+ to Input 3 L/R on the III.

Sold my XL and MFC to fund the III but still have my AX8 so might use it with the III as a MIDI controller for awhile until the FC’s come out.

Lol. I still have my Ultra. I use it mostly now for giving lessons. Might shift the Axe fx II over as well or integrate it with my tube amps. Not sure yet.

I'll definitely keep my II for the foreseeable future. I see no good reason to sell it. It still functions as it should, and outside of one day needing the internal battery changed out, I expect it to keep doing so for quite some time. It'll also make a great studio toy to have around. Who knows, maybe one day I'll NEED those "classic" Fractal tones! :D

adding makes axe fx v, is that a new release? is there a waiting list? why was axe fx IV skipped?

Gonna hang on to my Axe II for a bit. My guess is after using the III for a bit, the II will mostly be collecting dust. May keep it at rehearsal studio. Can't wait to get my hands on the III and start tweaking!

Back
Top Bottom