Axe FXII Midi thru after 6.0

Stringer76

Has anyone noticed a delay in midi switching for downstream devices connected via the midi thru jack on the II after upgrading to 6.0? I have played two gigs now with 6.0 and am noticing significant additional delay from what I experienced with 5.07 in switching my Mini Amp Gizmo. I have the II connected to my MFC with a 7 pin midi cable, with the Mini Amp Gizmo connected to the Axe midi thru jack. Interestingly, if I connect the MFC directly to the Mini Amp Gizmo's input with the 7 pin cable the switching is very fast. I am wondering, will the special two-way midi communication between the Axe II and MFC still work if I have the Axe II as the downstream device instead of the Mini Amp Gizmo (connect MFC to Gizmo to Axe II). I have not tried this yet as my Axe II is currently on its way to Fractal to get the 4 cm hiss mod. Alternatively, is the midi thru jack faster if I use ethernet instead of the 7 pin midi cable?

No one? I am going to take it that I am one of only a few people using the Mini Amp Gizmo with my Axe II. Really, I just would like to know if I am going to be potentially hurting anything by connecting the Axe to the Mini Amp Gizmo midi thru instead of the Mini Amp Gizmo to the Axe midi thru, and if Axe FX mode will still work on the MFC in this configuration.

No one? I am going to take it that I am one of only a few people using the Mini Amp Gizmo with my Axe II. Really, I just would like to know if I am going to be potentially hurting anything by connecting the Axe to the Mini Amp Gizmo midi thru instead of the Mini Amp Gizmo to the Axe midi thru, and if Axe FX mode will still work on the MFC in this configuration.

I haven't noticed anything, but I haven't looked for it. My devices all change with patches (so I may not have noticed).

I had exctly the same problem, but i think i have a solution now.. I set now both the mfc and axe II to midi channel II, while i set the mini amp gizmo to midi I (as in the original setting), for me it works now again with more or less no lags.

I don't use any other gear connected, but I've noticed that switching presets from Axe Edit is much slower with 6.0.1.
The midi lights flickers and it takes 2-3 seconds before the preset I'm loading is audible and ready to play... With 6.0 it was much quicker.

I had exctly the same problem, but i think i have a solution now.. I set now both the mfc and axe II to midi channel II, while i set the mini amp gizmo to midi I (as in the original setting), for me it works now again with more or less no lags.

Thanks for this. I have since abandoned trying to use the mini amp gizmo on a separate midi channel. I now have the axe and gizmo on the same channel and have set a mini amp gizmo preset for every axe preset I use. It's rocket fast now. It would have been nice to have just two or three mini amp gizmo presets (I only use three different settings) and have program change commands call the presets on a different midi channel, but I can live with this. The gizmo is not hard to program for each axe preset and the switching speed is more than worth the effort. You might try this yourself if your above solution doesn't work out. Also for anyone using the 4 cable method and on the fence about sending your axe in for the output 2 mod, I just got mine back and it has made all the difference in the world (I use a Mesa Mark V). I waited two months but wish I had done it right away. First gig with it tonight. We'll see how it goes!

what is the output 2 mod? i also use it together with the Mark V, seems a quite populare Rig.

Back
Top Bottom