Axe FX3 Mkii additional gear?

1. A QSC power amp running a 2x12 Z-Cab (through OUT2 without a cab block.

2. A Dawner Prince Boonar (in an OUT4-IN4 effects loop), to properly simulate my old Binson Echorec.

3. Front-end SIM1 XT-1.

I just hook up my Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 2nd gen audio interface to my Axe-Fx 3 and use a CME WIDI Master dongle for wireless MIDI together with an Xsonic Airstep for switching scenes/tuner/tap tempo.

-rack power conditioner
-rack poweramp
-rack
-studio monitors
-4x12 cabs

Already had some of this stuff but the Axe-Fx is definitely giving it more of a workout these days.

It was a few days after his last grooming, when his ear hair had settled down a bit from being blow-dried. He came out of the groomer's place looking like Roseanne Roseannadanna or maybe the one triangle-hairdo manager lady in Dilbert comics....
Yeah looking at the FC6s currently use a A Nectar Pacer midi. They are a lot of money though for a controller! Thought the Kemper controller was expensive. What do you see the big gain of the FC6 over a midi controller are other than the new setlist functionality?

Yeah looking at the FC6s currently use a A Nectar Pacer midi. They are a lot of money though for a controller! Thought the Kemper controller was expensive. What do you see the big gain of the FC6 over a midi controller are other than the new setlist functionality?
The integration with the head unit is what sold me on it. It does things with the head unir that a MIDI controller can't....

How do you find the SIM1? I have a Variax.
I have not tested well it with the guitar, bur tested pretty much with bass.... It is brilliant when MM Bong HH sounds like 60's Precision bass or Adam Clayton Jazz bass... I made a hard core test : MM Bongo with MM Singray profile sound like an actual Stingray, then Stingray with profiled Bongo sound like Bongo, al. of then 1:1... I am amazed. I have not checked it with quality recording, but for live purposes works well... And JP12 bridge hum bucker sound like Telecaster - priceless...

-Good monitors and/or good headphones, because those are a must.

-a good chair. I use a roc n soc drum throne with a back and playing is much more enjoyable!

-a different idea is a synth or midi keyboard/synth vst. With the usb routing it is so easy to make your input something from your daw and play any virtual instrument you want through the axe fx. I've been having a ton of fun making sounds using vital (free amazing synth) and running it through the axe for all the effects I know and love.

Back
Top Bottom