Axe FX3 4 cable method, amp head, power amp, 4X12

So I'm going to guess that this is something you guys are all familiar with, but I want to try something a bit different for me. I'm thinking about getting an H&K Triamp MK3, then using the 4CM method to use my FX3 as the FX unit. Now, I understand the 4 cabling thing, done it before, but here's where I have a question. Can I integrate the Crown power amp I have to take the sound from the Triamp and run it in stereo through my Boogie 4X12, or do I have to have some dummy load affair for the Triamp?
Also, is it still possible to set up the FX3 to produce amp tones using the Triamp's power section?
Thanks in anticipation, and please make any explanations ridiculously easy to follow.

So I'm going to guess that this is something you guys are all familiar with, but I want to try something a bit different for me. I'm thinking about getting an H&K Triamp MK3, then using the 4CM method to use my FX3 as the FX unit. Now, I understand the 4 cabling thing, done it before, but here's where I have a question. Can I integrate the Crown power amp I have to take the sound from the Triamp and run it in stereo through my Boogie 4X12, or do I have to have some dummy load affair for the Triamp?
Also, is it still possible to set up the FX3 to produce amp tones using the Triamp's power section?
Thanks in anticipation, and please make any explanations ridiculously easy to follow.
To use a 4x12 in stereo, you need to wired it in stereo . By default it is not . This is a mod

For the rest you need to choose : or you plug the axe in the power section of the head to use the simulation of the axe , or you put the axe in 4 cm to use the dist of your head . If you want to use both your head and the axe as amp in stereo … hmmm … a loadbox with your head plugged in the axe, creating a send return loop in your preset , so you can choose if you want to play with the head or with an amp in the axe hm . A little bit messy .

To use a 4x12 in stereo, you need to wired it in stereo . By default it is not . This is a mod

For the rest you need to choose : or you plug the axe in the power section of the head to use the simulation of the axe , or you put the axe in 4 cm to use the dist of your head . If you want to use both your head and the axe as amp in stereo … hmmm … a loadbox with your head plugged in the axe, creating a send return loop in your preset , so you can choose if you want to play with the head or with an amp in the axe hm . A little bit messy .
Primus fan, eh...nice. My Boogie oversized 4X12 is a stereo cab. I was watching a Leon video with his Ceriatone, and, set up 4CM-wise, he had one set of effects where the amp was the tone and FX were coming from the FM3. Then, in another preset, through doing something with the "ins" and "outs" the amp was used for its power section, and an amp from the FM3 was being used. I didn't catch what had been done with the ins and outs.
I've been really puzzling if I can put the Triamp into the crown power amp which then goes into my cab in stereo...I know that amps need dummy loads if not being run into a cab, I was thinking the Red Box built into head would play a role.

Back
Top Bottom